Home

EA's Game Warranty?

This is a discussion on EA's Game Warranty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #41
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: EA's Game Warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
I'm not coddling or sympathizing is what i meant, gotta read that part right before your bolded text. As far as not discussing this particular topic, i don't see anybody discussing anything else really. Looks like i'm out of luck.
Well then, good Sir, as you stated to me earlier, find something to replace this forum with and move on since you cannot control what we are discussing!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #42
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Well then, good Sir, as you stated to me earlier, find something to replace this forum with and move on since you cannot control what we are discussing!!!
Lol point taken. I didn't mean just forget the problem existed, i have no problem with people saying this game is unplayable for them. I just take issue with people acting like there's some kind of injustice being done when things not working is a fact of life.

Can't lie, that response was pretty solid.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #43
Banned

tweetintoucan's Arena

OVR: 0

Remember when Brink, which is almost a completely on-line game, came out and the servers didn't even work for like 2 months. Now THAT'S broken and warrants money back. NCAA Football 12 has its big time issues, but things could be a lot worse too. And HELLO!?!?! Online dynasty advance people?!?!? How AWESOME is that?!?!?!?
Old 08-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #44
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
Fix it then. Just take care of the whole problem. Make the game work and EA apologize and give your money back. Clearly banging the wall at an online forum is only step 1 in some sort of master plan.

Sarcasm. Got it.
Understood. Just to be clear, not asking for my $ back.

But, this is a video game forum, which is used for a lot of things. Discussion and debating are just 2 of the wonderful things here, and why I come here often. Not here for a master plan, I just enjoy the interaction and from time to time chime in with my 2 cents.

However, developers do from time to time come here and read some of the topics, or at least used to. For them to see the disatisfaction of many here isn't step one, or some huge giant leap into a cetain direction. But they at least see. Sometimes acknowledge. That myte not fix anything. But at the least, it is there and they do think about it.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #45
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

^^^FYI, I just moved this here to avoid us going back and forth on 2 different threads. Seems easier that way, and the direction this thing was going on the Patch detail thread seems to fit here better anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #46
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Understood. Just to be clear, not asking for my $ back.

But, this is a video game forum, which is used for a lot of things. Discussion and debating are just 2 of the wonderful things here, and why I come here often. Not here for a master plan, I just enjoy the interaction and from time to time chime in with my 2 cents.

However, developers do from time to time come here and read some of the topics, or at least used to. For them to see the disatisfaction of many here isn't step one, or some huge giant leap into a cetain direction. But they at least see. Sometimes acknowledge. That myte not fix anything. But at the least, it is there and they do think about it.
You kind of got caught in the crossfire from the people who were debating the whole "we deserve money" thing yesterday. I definitely agree with what you said about coming here for debate, obviously i love a good argument based on my posts over the last two days.

As far as the devs looking at this stuff and maybe taking notice, i 100% agree. That's the beauty of OS vs a lot of the other, poorly run forums. I think other than EA's forums, this is where you are most likely to get your opinion seen by EA. I have no problem with that and most of the posts of yours that i've seen are very sensible and in the spirit of what i believe OS should be all about. You're not wrong at all, i just happen to disagree with some of the things about the game being "broken". With that said, you're having HORRIBLE freezing issues that i am not having, so i can't even begin to understand what your experience is with the game. I'm extremely biased because of what i deal with on a daily basis at work and because the bugs and glitches haven't destroyed my experience (knock on wood). Either way, your issues with the game are obviously legitimate, and i'm a blowhard with nothing better to do on my downtime at work lol. I like to believe that in the end, 99% of us here are very like minded and that's why we all came together on OS to begin with.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #47
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

lol, because I'm frustrated with the negativity and the seemingly OCD need for some people to wedge their insults and agenda into any thread, no matter how off-topic it is, I'm 'EA Payroll'? Hilarious.

I don't disagree that there aren't very major issues with the game. However, I disagree that the game is 'broken'. It is, from my experience, very playable. I haven't seen any freezes, but I don't argue they don't exist. The tendency glitch is a problem, but, from my experience with gameplay, is more of an annoyance, and far from a 'gamebreaker'. Of course, since I'm a 'shut-in who has no friends', because I avoid the online community full off trolls and glitcher (except for the OD I'm in, which has experienced some problems, but none on the level of others, again, not saying people aren't experiencing those issues), I'm clearly some lesser gamer. THAT is exactly the attitude that is so frustrating.

Now, that said, some of the 'broken' issues with this game are clearly gameplay decisions made by the developers. There are people who seem to complain any time they lose a game they feel they shouldn't (yo, it's football, upsets happen!). If you want to run the table as Alabama each year, more power to you, but the game is designed to give you a challenge, because the developers have likely researched and found that most people enjoy that.

As far as the developers 'not knowing why the game turned out like this', I don't really see how that's some horribly egregious statement. Seems more like a genuine statement of surprise. Again, I feel they made a good faith effort to put out a superior game, came very close, and the fact that many of the issues seem to stem from named rosters (although, again, I've had little problem with them, and haven't noticed much difference between named and unnamed), would lead me to believe they likely didn't test for that, although they clearly should.

In short, I feel EA put out a very good game with a very few bad issues, most of which seem to stem from a feature they'd be unlikely to test. How I really feel about the game this year will be determined AFTER the patch, because I feel that's the only fair way to judge. I honestly don't understand how some people can get so worked up about a game that they feel the need to invade every thread on a message board with insults, both veiled and outright, at the developers. Trust me, I understand 60 bucks is a lot, my money is as tight as anyone between rent, car note, insurance, phones, utilities, food, and a social life, but, in the end, I'm 28 years old, and I'm kinda over losing my cool about a video game, you know?

Just frustrated with the insults and negativity. It's counter-productive to getting what I hope we would all want, which is a BETTER GAME. You want to know why the developers seem to have abandoned the board? It's the people that troll and insult them. If I put a year of my life into making something, only to be insulted over some issues I've acknowledged, apologized for, and am working to fix, I'd ignore the ungrateful people who were insulting me to.

Just my 2 bucks, since I clearly left went into overtime with this post.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #48
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

I consider the stuttering and freezing issues to be pretty close to as broken as you can get.

Can you imagine a Blu-ray movie released, having it stuttering and pausing for 5 seconds, or worse freezing, after any big action scene? People would be upset and would want a refund for the money they spent on that movie.

I don't see how it's much different from what we have here. I can't get the game to run smoothly after I get a first down. After any big play it lags, thinks, loads... whatever it's doing, it's frustrating.

I'm not calling out anyone in particular here, but I think people on OS should be able to discuss this issue as long as they aren't deliberately undermining the TOS. Of course, you have to follow the rules set out by the mods.

If you're being rude and obnoxious, then I'm for all for bringing out the ban hammer. If you can be mature expressing your thoughts, I see it as a important issue that needs to be discussed. My hopes are that EA/Tiburon will address this with upcoming football games. They can't go back and re-release NCAA 12, so you have to hope it makes it into future additions.

But if this continues, I along with others, will not purchase their games. I'm not sure if it'll make a dent in their sales, but at least I won't have to deal with this frustration.

As for OS, I'd stop coming to the forum. If I don't have a detailed game to discuss, improve, critique, what's the point of this community? I don't know if I necessarily would be worried if I worked here, but I'd prefer to have quality games where all the threads aren't about bugs. Eventually, after a few years of the same thing, it'll take it's toll.

I know OS enjoys the page views and the ad clicks. It'd be a shame if they lost a portion of their great community because EA can't produce a WORKING GAME!

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

Last edited by BaylorBearBryant; 08-26-2011 at 03:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »