Home

Wednesday, August 31st. AKA....Judgement Day

This is a discussion on Wednesday, August 31st. AKA....Judgement Day within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 01:35 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Wednesday, August 31st. AKA....Judgement Day

If this patch doesn't fix a lot of issues, as Harry Kalas used to say...This One's Outta Here!

I'll trade it in on a hockey or baseball game. It's currently no fun just having a game where you can only run between the tackles.

Can't run outside because the CB instantly crashes the run. Can't run the option because the blocking is completely screwed up. Can't really run a pass happy offense because of the ability of the CPU to be going in one direction, stop on a dime, and bat down a pass that was 8 yards to the left or right of the player...or my favorite, intended for a guy 30 yards behind him.

Let's also not forget how every DL player busts through the line, and all at the same time, jump with their right arm in the air (all at the same time) and knock down a pass that was going to be wide open. Once, I'll buy but 5 and 6 times a game is a bit much.

A huge turnoff has been how often the CPU jumps the snap, and it's a feature I wish EA would just get rid of. If you hard count, your lineman false start, if you don't the cpu jumps the snap.

People say, it's too easy to run Verticals...sure it is, because the CPU blitzes 85% of the time, so someone is going to be wide open. If they didn't blitz as much, that play wouldn't work nearly as well.

Basically we have an ISO, DIVE, sometimes Draw game, with the occasional slant providing the LB doesnt go robo and knock it down, or the DL doesn't knock it down. Of course you could lollipop it, but then the DB gets there and knocks it down.

Don't even get me started on the ineptitude of the FB blocking. The plays with the FB are often ones where the FB just runs around blocking no one in particular.

This just may be...just may be the worst NCAA game in the series.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:36 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
If this patch doesn't fix a lot of issues, as Harry Kalas used to say...This One's Outta Here!

I'll trade it in on a hockey or baseball game. It's currently no fun just having a game where you can only run between the tackles.

Can't run outside because the CB instantly crashes the run. Can't run the option because the blocking is completely screwed up. Can't really run a pass happy offense because of the ability of the CPU to be going in one direction, stop on a dime, and bat down a pass that was 8 yards to the left or right of the player...or my favorite, intended for a guy 30 yards behind him.

Let's also not forget how every DL player busts through the line, and all at the same time, jump with their right arm in the air (all at the same time) and knock down a pass that was going to be wide open. Once, I'll buy but 5 and 6 times a game is a bit much.

A huge turnoff has been how often the CPU jumps the snap, and it's a feature I wish EA would just get rid of. If you hard count, your lineman false start, if you don't the cpu jumps the snap.

People say, it's too easy to run Verticals...sure it is, because the CPU blitzes 85% of the time, so someone is going to be wide open. If they didn't blitz as much, that play wouldn't work nearly as well.

Basically we have an ISO, DIVE, sometimes Draw game, with the occasional slant providing the LB doesnt go robo and knock it down, or the DL doesn't knock it down. Of course you could lollipop it, but then the DB gets there and knocks it down.

Don't even get me started on the ineptitude of the FB blocking. The plays with the FB are often ones where the FB just runs around blocking no one in particular.

This just may be...just may be the worst NCAA game in the series.
Cant agree there. Game has glaring errors. Big ones that have kept me from starting a dynasty. I usually play a scrap dynasty until opening day rosters, and then I start the real one. But I'm still waiting for the patch that could change it.

But some things I dont have issues with, and the CPU defense is one of them. I have ZERO problems running the option. I use Multiple and AF playbook and have success running the option from IFORM, FLEX, WISH and SHOTGUN formations. If you make the right read, you're golden. Simple as that. The DT pass rush, LB Jumping and Pyschic DB are annoying, but I dont consider things that can be gameplanned around as gamekillers.

Hopefully the patch fixes the glaring issues like freezes and actual parts of the game that just dont work, but everytime they fix one thing, they screw another. So when they "fix" the DT pass rush issue you're DT will probably get zero pass rush, and psychic DBs will become blind DBs, and super jumping LBS will be stuck in cement...
Old 08-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriant86
Cant agree there. Game has glaring errors. Big ones that have kept me from starting a dynasty. I usually play a scrap dynasty until opening day rosters, and then I start the real one. But I'm still waiting for the patch that could change it.

But some things I dont have issues with, and the CPU defense is one of them. I have ZERO problems running the option. I use Multiple and AF playbook and have success running the option from IFORM, FLEX, WISH and SHOTGUN formations. If you make the right read, you're golden. Simple as that. The DT pass rush, LB Jumping and Pyschic DB are annoying, but I dont consider things that can be gameplanned around as gamekillers.

Hopefully the patch fixes the glaring issues like freezes and actual parts of the game that just dont work, but everytime they fix one thing, they screw another. So when they "fix" the DT pass rush issue you're DT will probably get zero pass rush, and psychic DBs will become blind DBs, and super jumping LBS will be stuck in cement...
I don't disagree, but, you can make the right read on the option, only to have the DE who you read, stop, reverse pivot, and slam the QB down before he even finishes 2 steps towards vacancy. Or you get the playside DT jump the snap, blow by the guard, and ignore the fake and kill the QB.

Once in a while I can see, but it's routine. On the read option, if the DE squats, you give...problem is, the playside blocking on the option is FUBAR. Neither the guard, nor the tackle playside block on this play for some reason. So you got a squatting DE on one side, and a DT/DE and maybe LB inhaling your RB because you made the right read.

Far too often I'm seeing players from the CPU going one direction, and literally can go in another direction at the drop of a dime and make a play.

the overall player physics don't make sense. Locomotion is fine, UNTIL you get to the goal line, then that safety that you have to run over, stones you cold...every single time. Then you get goal line offense vs CPU goal line defense, and it doesn't matter what you do, the CPU will slant their line to the side your play is going to....and then you have the MLB who blitzes up the A Gap almost every play in GL, and for some reason both the Guard and the FB just look at him.

CPU blitzes FAR too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 02:14 AM   #52
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

IMO, the thing that probably has most of us pissed off is the new EA trend. The one I'm speaking about is the "ship it, then we'll fix it" mentality. Cost effective as a business to dump your beta testers and their wages, and simply let people like you and I to test it for them. Patching games is a double edged sword with the NCAA dev team because they will get some kind of a fix for us, but we need to find the problems for them first. I love college football, and I can't tell you guys what I'll do next year when release day is close, because I'll prolly want it right away. However it would just make sense to wait and buy it used because the last 3 years or so I believe, there has been some kind of glitch or something of that nature that makes dynasty unplayable for us.

The real question should be "How the he'll does this happen?" I'd like to believe SOMEONE over there actually plays a season or two in dynasty and notices this stuff. So is it that no one does this, or that it gets done and they just say whatever? Either way it has just made waiting for them routine now when the game is released.

Also, just a thought. I know that this series is much more popular than the EA NCAA baseball series they used to have. MVP baseball I think. Anyways, I thought I remembered seeing that it was stopped bc of sales. I don't think there will ever be enough of a following to get a boycott on this game, but suppose we did. Would our hold out potentially put this series at risk? Something to think about while we wait, and wait, and wait some more.

When it is finally fixed, I can't wait to play this damn game.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:43 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by awill25
How many here see Wednesday as this for their relationship with EA. That may be a little excessive, but with how upset some are, maybe not??
I don't blame people for being upset at all. I really don't.

With that said, what's the rush? I am not asking to be difficult. I guess I just don't understand why people are so set up on getting the patch before the month was over. I know there are issues with the game, especially with dynasties, but I'd rather them spend that extra week or two to get everything right because this patch is probably the last we're getting.

I want it as bad as the next guy, but I'm withholding all judgment until I see what this game looks and plays like after the patch is applied to the game.

And, release day purchases have basically gone by the way of the dinosaur for me - this is the only game that I'll buy on release day, simply because I have never felt that let down by the game. Madden, on the other hand, will not be in my possession until/if the kinks get worked out.

I just want this patch to be a beastly one. Time is of the essence, but a patch that doesn't fix key issues will be absolutely disastrous.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:01 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
For what reason? I just don't understand why some of you feel like EA, or any other company for that matter, owes you something when something doesn't go 100% like you thought it would. Giving out free stuff basically says, "we screwed up big time, please forgive us." That'd give the EA haters even more to gripe about than if EA doesn't give anyone anything. The patch is free and that's all the free stuff you'll get.
A functioning dynasty is what people expect. Especially the online dynasty guys who have been stuck for a month because they can't advance or games don't register.

It's not a sense of entitlement - it would be looked at as a nice gesture to try and show appreciation over the consumers who buy their products year in and year out. Most businesses operate this way. For instance, I got a pizza that was burnt. I called the store back and told them, and they brought me back an extra pizza and some wings.

I have come around because I thought like you, but some of these "bugs" are anything but minor annoyances. The core of some features are absolutely broken and the freezing issues that a lot of people are experiencing equals a product that does not work.

A little DLC love thrown our way would help. And guess what? EA should be saying that they screwed up. The community is not making all of this crap up.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #55
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I don't see myself as putting a deadline on things. For me, the deadline that mattered was the release day and the game wasn't up to par on that day. For that reason I'm not buying the game on release next year. If I'm going to get 80% of a game for 100% of the price, I'm losing the economic matchup.

I think all these presentation issues and dynasty problems are legit, but I'm so turned off by the lackluster gameplay and programming logic.

Maybe if I was younger I wouldn't care so much, but the detail hasn't been added to gameplay like I would have expected. I feel like I expect the game to be more than a video game sometime and I'd do myself and EA a favor by not expecting their game to produce like a $60 game should.

EA, I'm not breaking up with you... but we definitely need to spend some time apart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #56
Rookie

romeosdistress's Arena

OVR: 1

i say if the dbs and lbs play is too hard for you. bump it down a notch. last years complaint was the dbs were awful. not they are too good. make up your minds. if you want to get it over a lbers head lob it. not rocket science. maybe you should try that. if you guys spent half the time you spent here trying to enjoy the game. it might change your mind. in todays world. $60 really isnt that much money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »