Home

Really frustrating defense.....

This is a discussion on Really frustrating defense..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Really frustrating defense.....

Anyone else have the problem of defensive players pursuing the ball carrier and instead of taking the angle(even when user controlling) they choose to turn their hips to the ball carrier, thus losing ground and slowing down and the ball carrier gaining a ton of yards? This has been happening to me in OD and in offline play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
I think I know what you are taking about but I don't see it as a problem. Players frequently have to adjust their pursuit angles. It's all physics my man.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Really frustrating defense.....

I get that, however they already have a good angle on the ball carrier and are almost within tackling distance and for some reason they slow down and almost strafe and don't react to what is happening. It has lead to huge plays that I don't think should happen.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32
Ok, we are talking about the same thing. I only see it when they have to adjust, avoid, or get around a block. It is good technique and is implemented well.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
Rookie

I always see players take good angles and right when they are about to make the tackle they make a 90 degree cut in behind the ball carrier and just follow allowing the ball carrier to score. Almost reminds me of NCAA 10 or whichever one it was with the horrible angles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
Rookie

I started noticing this same problem in the PS2 version(s). It's not often, but I have noticed it, but I also agree with SECElite3.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I was going to make a thread about it on here but I didn't know how to word it.

The players will be in position, but they start slowing down and go into a strafing animation even though I'm trying to sprint to the ball. When I have a huge run broken on me, it's usually because of this very problem. My DB will be in position, I take control, and they start a strafing animation and the back just blows right past me.

It has made me consider turning off auto sprint because it's super annoying.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #8
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't see it as physics or adjusting to pursuit or anything like that. I see it as the game engine having a hiccup and making a player go into an animation for no real reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »