Home

more observations

This is a discussion on more observations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Rookie

carefreedvp's Arena

OVR: 2
more observations

I definitely agree with you on these points. Even when you set the plays up, they seem to know just about everything and are rarely out of position. It takes quite a few plays out of your playbook.

I'm the OC at Ohio University to start out and playing with some realistic sliders on heisman, my o line isn't good, but even playing exhibitions with other teams, they still haven't fixed the blocking, meanwhile every blitz the user calls is picked up no problem.

Biggest complaints are how slow some plays develop such as screeens or draws. It's tough to run option in the game and defenders still magically peel away from blockers just as you are going through a hole that was open.

As for passing, quite a few issues there, as the dbs and lbs cover a bit too much ground when swatting passes in zone coverage. Post routes are highly tough to throw. My favorites are when the dbs are in man coverage and running the route with or before the receiver making their cut, but mostly it's how they know the ball is thrown when being nowhere near the play/not looking at the play.

Case in point.....two receivers lined up to one side, the outside man is running a go, slot receiver running a deep out. Man coverage. The slot receiver is open out of his break, throw is made and the db covering the outside receiver stops on a dime and spins around like he's on ice and makes the pick or a tackle.

Growing more frustrated with this game, particularly with the blocking.
Rutgers

Carefree wherever you may be
We are the famous CFC
We don't give a f#$@ whoever you may be
We are the famous CFC

XBL Tag: CFCDVP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
While I do agree with you, I see much less of this type of game behavior pre-patch. In my two games tonight, both of which were lost, the CPU played great defense.

I am playing pre-patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »