Home

Passing Game?

This is a discussion on Passing Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
Rookie

Superman31's Arena

OVR: 0
Passing Game?

Can someone please tell me how to pass the ball in this version of NCAA? I can't figure it out. In other versions of this game I'm normally a passing guru but I can't figure this game out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
U can't lead pass very well on this game. If u try to guide the ball it usually doesn't go well.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7
I disagree. I lay passes inbetween defenders with the lead and touch passing in this game. It's really nice. You do get the occassional overthrow, but that happens. The trick is to lead the receiver away from the defenders into open space, whether that's downfield, left/right, or even behind him.

Slants over the middle work the best. Screens are also great when the blocking sets up right.

The only thing that really pisses me off is not the linebackers, but the safties. Their "ability" to know exactly where every pass is going and when its thrown (especially when their back is turned) is hard to deal with. Also their innate ability to pick off passes that they never see is controller throwing worthy.

To combat this, eliminate streak patterns to the outside receivers almost entirely. They're nice routes to run as decoys, though, but I almost never throw them (because they almost always get picked off). Then in the rare occurance of a blown coverage, they're out there waiting.

Another route that I love is the seam route. Ran straight down the middle of the field by your #3/#4 WRs, HB, oe TE, this route works best when coupled by a fly route on the outside. The outside WR will usually run his route through the CBs zone and then draw the safety to the outside of the WR running the seam. Then you just zip a pass to the seam route, using the lead passing to the inside, away from the safety.

The best thing to do is take your team and practice. Just pick a play and run it over and over and over again. I usually run a play a handful of times, then start using hot routs and motion to see how to best exploit the defense with it, and I'll keep doing that until I score a TD with it (from wherever it is you start in practice...30? 35?).

Hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Passing Game?

it's not that difficult, just wait for the CPU to blitz, which it will about 85% of the time.

Oh, if you see press coverage, just run your QB up the middle, because your WR's don't break the CPU press coverage (I've NEVER seen jam coverage on slot receivers in all my years of watching/coaching/playing football, but yet in this game, the slot receiver is jammed all the time). Funny thing is, when I tell my defense to press, the CPU WR's rarely get stuffed at the LOS like mine do.

Basically this game has a ton of flaws, a lot reside in the passing game...hopefully the patch fixes some of that, otherwise I'm smelling a trade in.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman31
Can someone please tell me how to pass the ball in this version of NCAA? I can't figure it out. In other versions of this game I'm normally a passing guru but I can't figure this game out.
you're not by chance using taylor martinez as your qb are you?

that seems to create many passing issues for me.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
Rookie

The thing that I do and still do is lab against the cpu on heisman playing away against a pretty good team (A or better defense). Shotgun Tight formation if pretty good, streak your inside receivers. Spread the d out as much as possible, as often as possible. They amped zone coverage like crazy, mlbs jump sky high and out of nowhere. But you can sneak a slot receiver behind one between the safeties but be careful of safety big hits - you can easily fumble. I can go on and on but just practice and play randoms online (unranked if you'd like)....it helps. I hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #7
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
I disagree. I lay passes inbetween defenders with the lead and touch passing in this game. It's really nice. You do get the occassional overthrow, but that happens. The trick is to lead the receiver away from the defenders into open space, whether that's downfield, left/right, or even behind him.

Slants over the middle work the best. Screens are also great when the blocking sets up right.

The only thing that really pisses me off is not the linebackers, but the safties. Their "ability" to know exactly where every pass is going and when its thrown (especially when their back is turned) is hard to deal with. Also their innate ability to pick off passes that they never see is controller throwing worthy.

To combat this, eliminate streak patterns to the outside receivers almost entirely. They're nice routes to run as decoys, though, but I almost never throw them (because they almost always get picked off). Then in the rare occurance of a blown coverage, they're out there waiting.

Another route that I love is the seam route. Ran straight down the middle of the field by your #3/#4 WRs, HB, oe TE, this route works best when coupled by a fly route on the outside. The outside WR will usually run his route through the CBs zone and then draw the safety to the outside of the WR running the seam. Then you just zip a pass to the seam route, using the lead passing to the inside, away from the safety.

The best thing to do is take your team and practice. Just pick a play and run it over and over and over again. I usually run a play a handful of times, then start using hot routs and motion to see how to best exploit the defense with it, and I'll keep doing that until I score a TD with it (from wherever it is you start in practice...30? 35?).

Hope this helps.
U probably have a pocket passer.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
Rookie

Passing sucks in this game.
You have the CBs and Safeties still being able to know exactly where a ball is going better then the WRs do. They can also do knock downs and ints with their backs turned and from impossible angles.
Then there are the super LB and DL who leap to knock down any passes in real life they wouldn't be close to getting.
Plus EA has removed touch passing from this years game. I can't get any feel when using the controller. The ball is either straight or a lob no in between shading.

Why do they ruin something that was working fine. Just like they did with the BCS rankings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »