Home

Psychic Defensive Backs?

This is a discussion on Psychic Defensive Backs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #25
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Psychic Defensive Backs?

By dropping PRC I have been able to play some good games. I dont drop it below 50, but I subtract 20 from those who are over 70 and drop everyone else to 50. I am not throwing for 300 yards, far from it. I am completing about 50% of my passes. I also dropped LB jumping by 30 and this seems to keep them from batting down every pass over the middle. I am playing at MTSU as the OC.

I know there are many out there who say they dont have to do that and I think that is great for them. But just like them, I want the game to be enjoyable for me and I have found this fits the way I play and keeps the games competitive, not blow-outs, some losses, but enjoyable for me. Isnt that what all of this is about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 11:50 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do you guys edit the PRC for the opposing team before you play each game?
Old 09-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #27
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
Ben said it is beyond what could be accomplished with a patch or tuner set.
Not true. It is beyond what could be accomplished under the non-competitive nature of having a monopoly on college football games.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #28
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNOLE03
Do you guys edit the PRC for the opposing team before you play each game?

Yes I go in and do it before each game.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #29
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by somehetero
The problem I have, and have had for several years of Madden and NCAA now, is that there is no happy medium between varsity and AA/Heisman. If I play on the higher difficulties, no matter the sliders, I have mostly competitive games with better CPU teams and there's a chance I'll lose if I play poorly.

If I tune down to varsity and use sliders provided by the experts for that setting, the game plays more realistic. And then I slaughter Oklahoma 70-7 with UCF.

Versuz said it perfectly in one of his videos - there's no in between setting for the CPU garbage that is used to make the game "harder". On varsity it's not there at all, and on AA+ it happens ALL the time. He likened it to a slider - it's either 1 or 100, there's no 50.

It basically comes down to a choice. Do you want a realistic game that is easy, or a CPU that cheats to keep it competitive?
I think this is the real issue. EA is designing the game for people who have gotten ridiculously good at it. If you play any video game enough, you will figure out how it plays and figure out how to take advantage (cheat) of it. To counter this, EA has designed the game to cheat too in order to make it harder to put up "video game stats". EA should design the game to play realistically, and if people play 8 hours a day every day, and figure out how to put up 70 on every team, that person needs to put down the controller for a while or stop complaining about unrealistic stats. I have a feeling these people are not playing "sim" type games anyway (if youre up by 35 do what any coach would do and put in your 2nd/3rd teamers and grind the clock). Now that college football is back on, you can really tell how unreallistically this game plays. The defense in this game plays like pro-bowlers compared to what we see on Saturdays (and sometimes Thursdays for those of you in the ACC). If I had to choose between the two, Id rather have a game that plays realistically than one that yields "realistic" stats for everyone.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #30
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vD3ATHv
The corner is chasing the wide receiver down field, but, somehow, as soon as I go to throw the ball the corner is automatically aware, and turns around to cover the receiver in the flat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GYXEoD10dQ
This video shows very clearly why you cant effectively make reads on the defense. You can make the right read, time the pass perfectly, but the DB will still make a play on the ball. In your video, you make the correct read. The defender was in a bind and was not covering the receiver in the flat. You made a play that in real life (especially against Auburn this year) could go for good yardage.

After playing this game and almost throwing my controller through the TV, out of desperation, I decided to stop trying to make reads and just throw to the "orange" routs. My comp % more than quadrupled. Why even give us a choice EA? Why not just give us a "pass button" and automatically pass the ball to the receiver the CPU determines will be open. This is not a game of thinking and strategy anymore, its become a game of who can cheat more: the player or the CPU.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestMag
After playing this game and almost throwing my controller through the TV, out of desperation, I decided to stop trying to make reads and just throw to the "orange" routs. My comp % more than quadrupled.
What is the "orange" rout?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #32
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
What is the "orange" rout?
The rout that is colored orange on the play diagram when you are selecting a play. What is a "Geaux Tiger"?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »