Home

I want 2011 passing back

This is a discussion on I want 2011 passing back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #65
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
I'm not sure. Never really paid attention, tbh. The guy I just finished playing with at Michigan (far into the future) seemed to have some scramble to him, but was still a decent thrower, so he may have been balanced. Is your guy a PP?
No, he's a scrambler with 90 acc.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #66
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
I don't want NCAA '11 passing back. I would much rather have to struggle through a couple of games a year than throw for 300 yards against everyone, regardless of competition. I actually find it fun to try and find a way to pull one out when you're pass offense can't get going.
I can understand that. I like the struggle but when I can see an open man and not be able to put the ball there even though I have the accuracy and see the opening that's upsetting! I just want a chance.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #67
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I want 2011 passing back

I do not agree with the OP, but I agree there are problems in the passing game.

The most obvious one is that I do not care if my QB is a 68, or a 98, he is still a D1 QB, and thus should not be making some of the aweful throws I have seen.

What I mean by this is that there is really no reason my QB throws the ball to the safety more then ten yards away from the reciever on a slant route. Other things are like when my QB is running right, and throws to reciever running parallel to him and he somehow manages to throw across his body. Even I cant do that w/o trying to! Other things are like when the ball makes almost a 45 degree angle (parallel to the ground) with the direction of the QBs arm motion. It looks aweful and makes no sense. The only justification for it is that the QB was looking the wrong way the entire time.

Then there is the Psychic DBs which are annoying.

But the passing game in general (from the offensive perspective) is very well done this year. Just stupid things like a those mentioned above.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

Last edited by Kaiser Wilhelm; 09-01-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #68
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I do not agree with the OP, but I agree there are problems in the passing game.

The most obvious one is that I do not care if my QB is a 68, or a 98, he is still a D1 QB, and thus should not be making some of the aweful throws I have seen.

What I mean by this is that there is really no reason my QB throws the ball to the safety more then ten yards away from the reciever on a slant route. Other things are like when my QB is running right, and throws to reciever running parallel to him and he somehow manages to throw across his body. Even I cant do that w/o trying to! Other things are like when the ball makes almost a 45 degree angle (parallel to the ground) with the direction of the QBs arm motion. It looks aweful and makes no sense. The only justification for it is that the QB was looking the wrong way the entire time.

Then there is the Psychic DBs which are annoying.

But the passing game in general (from the offensive perspective) is very well done this year. Just stupid things like a those mentioned above.
Basically I want the lead passing back. But I LOVE the zone they play this year. And the ability to pass with someone running at me.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:41 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 4

i'm actually starting to really like this game. Its fun.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 09-02-2011, 04:39 AM   #70
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm being honest with you, if you can't hit drags and outs, the problem is with YOU, not the game. Lead passing is in the game, and works fine. You need to adjust your sliders for your style of gameplay, not complain for EA to fix something that isn't broken.

The only time I've seen these wildly off passes, other than overthrowing a WR running a streak, is trying to throw without setting my QB's feet. Just because your scrambler has 90acc does not mean he can throw well while moving, he still needs his feet set.

And yes, if you want to be able to throw anything other than a duck while being hit, you want to add cheese to the game. That is not realistic. If a QB takes a hit, 99 times out of 100, that's going to be a bad pass.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:25 AM   #71
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Basically I want the lead passing back. But I LOVE the zone they play this year. And the ability to pass with someone running at me.
I got that, but it is in the game. My complaint, and maybe has something to do with your's, is the throws that leave you scratching your head as to how your QB managed to bullet a pass over 45 degrees away from where he is looking, w/ogetting hit.

I like the game, but some of the bad throws seem very arbitrarily forced by the game.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
Thats because you suck, go learn to read defenses, bet you were on of those guys that ran 4 verts on every play on ncaa11 smh
That's a good way to get yourself banned.

Keep up the good work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »