Home

Coach's Challenge always "not available"

This is a discussion on Coach's Challenge always "not available" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Coach's Challenge always "not available"

Xbox360, dynasty, Varsity w/sliders...

There have been several calls throughout the first year of my dynasty that I've tried to challenge, but each time, I cannot challenge the call. It gives me the boilerplate popup saying that I've either already seen a replay (never in each attempt) or that the play cannot be challenged.

These are fumbles, sideline catches, etc. Are coach's challenges simply broken and being addressed in the upcoming patch? Anyone else been able to challenge a call?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Coach's Challenge always "not available"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413

There have been several calls throughout the first year of my dynasty that I've tried to challenge, but each time, I cannot challenge the call. It gives me the boilerplate popup saying that I've either already seen a replay (never in each attempt) or that the play cannot be challenged.

These are fumbles, sideline catches, etc. Are coach's challenges simply broken and being addressed in the upcoming patch? Anyone else been able to challenge a call?
I've had this happen too. Many times. The most glaring... a game at Washington and my QB scrambles to the sideline... w/ his blazing 62 speed... and just as he steps one foot out of bounds he gets drilled {flag should have been thrown right there... wasn't} fumbles the ball {he's out of bounds, so it was never a fumble} the ball goes back into the field of play and a LBer comes over to scoop it up and does so but not before he too steps out of bounds {right foot clearly a yard out} and recovers the non-fumble.

So we have a late hit not called {error 1} a fumble that wasn't {error 2} and a recovery of a non-fumble by a player who is standing w/ one foot out of bounds {error 3}

No challenge available.

This, of course, happens w/ less than 1:30 on the clock, allowing Washington to go down and tie the game, sending us to OT. I did manage to win in double OT but this kind of stuff is ridiculous.

I know that in real life, refs blow calls... but in EA's world, they happen all the freakin' time. If you are lucky and actually can challenge the play, it will only ask if you want to challenge the fumble... and knowing EA, if you say YES... you will get screwed because he wasn't down. He was out of bounds, but they fail to recognize this aspect. And it gets really old, really fast!

Another classic is when the CPU WR runs out of bounds, comes back in and catches the ball for a first down. Usually this little gem happens on 3rd and long. Of course, he can't be the first player to touch the ball since he was already out of bounds. But again... in EA's world, I'm sure you could Hot Route your WR to run up into the stands, buy a hot dog and a coke, come back down onto the field 40 yards further down-field and make the catch and it would all be fine and well.

SMH

Old 09-01-2011, 05:38 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413

Same here. I was NEVER able to challenge a fumble so far. It keeps telling the same. I never wathced a replay before the challenge, so this is obviously a broken feature, one of the few (sigh)....
Old 09-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm on 360; I've not challenged alot but I've been able to anytime I've wanted so far. For catches that looked to be out of bounds and spot of ball. Not sure about fumbles. I think some have even been after the auto replay.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

It's a problem. I'm also pretty sure that the outcome of a challenge is totally random and arbitrary anyway; it doesn't seem to actually depend on what really happened on the field. I've seen as many correct calls get overturned and bad calls stand as I have seen the call corrected.

The other thing that infuriates me is the random "booth review" that seems to happen most times I make a big play or the CPU coughs up a fumble. They never challenge but you get the booth review, even though you've still got 4 minutes left in the third quarter. These booth reviews never happen when it's a play you want to see reviewed, and they only seem to overturn calls that originally went your way. It's totally ridiculous.

The entire "challenge" system is totally broken, IMO. I'd rather see them take it out and go back to the "old days" when the refs always made the right call than go through this charade of randomness.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »