Home

Ea tweet about 360 FYI

This is a discussion on Ea tweet about 360 FYI within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 02:10 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Ea tweet about 360 FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
That's not true. They have their money... this year. What if next year they only sell 1/3rd of what they sold this year? Money talks and we, the consumer, are the voice. People need to stand united as one. I know it would suck not to have the game at midnight on release day. But would you rather keep treading down the same path over and over, year after year?

If EA wants this franchise to succeed, they need to step it the #### up. People are tired of the same crap every year. So we have an eagle that flies into the stadium, a tiger in a cage and barking dogs. We still have broken game-play and all the new features... Custom Playbooks... Coaching Carousel... Scrambling QB's... all are broken in some aspect.

It's ridiculous. And it's inexcusable.
They need to start actually listening to us. It seems like they are three years behind.

I actually e-mailed four or five of the developers who worked on the game last year, sending them pictures and links to Washington's new home uniform. I also sent pictures of the new end zones in Husky Stadium that they have been using for two years now. I got a nice reply and a thanks... Two years later, we still have the old uniform and outdated end zones.

More faces... Man, people were begging for more faces last year. And the year before. Ah, the year before, too. The game is stale in so many ways. The main body types for wide receivers and running backs give you like a total of seven, eight or nine faces. Yeah, uh, that gets a little bit redundant after a while.

It's not all on the development team, but it's getting old. I've had three straight season openers freeze on me in year 1. It's really starting to wear me down. I've been positive for the most part; I like the game, but I am having a hard time staying positive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #26
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

so any recent word if things are up and running smoothly again?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #27
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
so any recent word if things are up and running smoothly again?
Yes sir, running well

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #28
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Yes sir, running well
right on. i wonder if this was a remedy to the occasional advancing problem?

Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #29
Quo
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
right on. i wonder if this was a remedy to the occasional advancing problem?
We'll never know, because EA plays everything so close to the vest. Not sure I get why. If I were "fixing" a game like this I'd be shouting out on twitter every time some little thing got done.

EA has always been like this. Actually, there are other developers who do things that way (basically run and hide when the game comes out, then either deny there are problems or just mostly ignore game owners questions until they have something ready to go). I've never understood it...

It'd be GREAT to hear, "Yeah we needed to shut down the servers and upgrade to give you guys better performance on uploads," or "We had to switch to servers with better capacity so we can bring the new web aspects we've been pitching online."

If they would do stuff like that, people would chill and say, "Okay, I can wait if it's for an upgrade." The way they do things, they give consumers the feeling that they are just trying to figure out a way to keep already failing servers running. And maybe that's the case. But again, even if they just said "whoops! Massive server failure. We're bringing them back online, it should take XX hours. Sorry!" That would be better than the robotic, "We are aware of the problem, trying to fix. Will keep you posted."... followed by nothing.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #30
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo
We'll never know, because EA plays everything so close to the vest. Not sure I get why. If I were "fixing" a game like this I'd be shouting out on twitter every time some little thing got done.

EA has always been like this. Actually, there are other developers who do things that way (basically run and hide when the game comes out, then either deny there are problems or just mostly ignore game owners questions until they have something ready to go). I've never understood it...

It'd be GREAT to hear, "Yeah we needed to shut down the servers and upgrade to give you guys better performance on uploads," or "We had to switch to servers with better capacity so we can bring the new web aspects we've been pitching online."

If they would do stuff like that, people would chill and say, "Okay, I can wait if it's for an upgrade." The way they do things, they give consumers the feeling that they are just trying to figure out a way to keep already failing servers running. And maybe that's the case. But again, even if they just said "whoops! Massive server failure. We're bringing them back online, it should take XX hours. Sorry!" That would be better than the robotic, "We are aware of the problem, trying to fix. Will keep you posted."... followed by nothing.
yeah, but even what they posted last night was enough information to allow users to know in advance that there are server issues.

you knew to heed their warning, and thus saving you any frustration you might have if you'd other wise fire up the game and not know.

Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »