Home

how does atmosphere in ncaa football 12 compare to 11

This is a discussion on how does atmosphere in ncaa football 12 compare to 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
how does atmosphere in ncaa football 12 compare to 11

Just wondering if it's an improvement, or a step backwards? I've read a lot of complaints about it, but I liked the atmosphere in 11 alright.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: how does atmosphere in ncaa football 12 compare to 11

I personally think it's been a step backwards.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
Just wondering if it's an improvement, or a step backwards? I've read a lot of complaints about it, but I liked the atmosphere in 11 alright.
they've added some nice upgrades to game day atmosphere, though most will complain about crowd noise being an issue.

the crowd doesn't get explosively loud, and while i thought this was a problem initially, after listening to some live football games, and after playing about 5 minutes of madden last night, i'm not so sure the crowd noise being the way it is wasn't an intentional doing.

i think it's pretty on par with what you hear when you watch a game on tv.

as for the atmosphere changes, i'm to the point now where i either skip past it, or go get a beer and use the toilet before kick off. essentially i never watch any of the stuff.

there is some halftime stuff or stuff and the beginning of the 3rd that's nice. and after watching some college ball on espn yesterday night, some of what you see there before the game starts is implemented into 2012.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf756193
I personally think it's been a step backwards.
you think crowd noise is a step backward.

if you can look yourself in the mirror and say honestly with a straight face that all the atmosphere stuff is a step backwards in 12 compared to 11, you are lying to yourself, lying to the poster, and living in some sort of out to get EA denial rage.

grow up.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Compared to the overall atmosphere and presentation of other sports games I've played in the last decade this is pretty bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
as for the atmosphere changes, i'm to the point now where i either skip past it, or go get a beer and use the toilet before kick off. essentially i never watch any of the stuff.
TMI, man. And you should never drink beer on the toilet!

As for atmosphere, anyone who says it's a step backwards is just hating on EA. I personally think the gametracker stuff is a big step forward, and the crowd noise everyone complains about is the same as last year. It's easily fixable (if you're inclined) with some adjustments to the volume sliders. Yeah there is a lot of room for improvement, but it's at least as good or better than '11.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
you think crowd noise is a step backward.

if you can look yourself in the mirror and say honestly with a straight face that all the atmosphere stuff is a step backwards in 12 compared to 11, you are lying to yourself, lying to the poster, and living in some sort of out to get EA denial rage.

grow up.
First of all there's no need to insult me by saying "grow up" when you don't even know who I am. Secondly, I do honestly believe it's a step backwards. Yes, I'm mostly referring to the crowd noise (which is absolutely terrible and if you've ever gone to or watched a game on TV you would know that this game doesn't represent college football one bit). Lastly, how many years now have we had the same boring ESPN ticker, same stat overlays, and the same redundant commentary? The custom entrances are nice but I skip over them anyway.

And by the way I love EA Sports games and I have always loved NCAA Football, but this game really has too many issues for me this year. I can't believe that I'm actually enjoying Madden 12 100x more than NCAA 12. Never thought the day would come, especially considering how much I didn't enjoy Madden 11.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf756193
First of all there's no need to insult me by saying "grow up" when you don't even know who I am. Secondly, I do honestly believe it's a step backwards. Yes, I'm mostly referring to the crowd noise (which is absolutely terrible and if you've ever gone to or watched a game on TV you would know that this game doesn't represent college football one bit). Lastly, how many years now have we had the same boring ESPN ticker, same stat overlays, and the same redundant commentary? The custom entrances are nice but I skip over them anyway.

And by the way I love EA Sports games and I have always loved NCAA Football, but this game really has too many issues for me this year. I can't believe that I'm actually enjoying Madden 12 100x more than NCAA 12. Never thought the day would come, especially considering how much I didn't enjoy Madden 11.
I agree with you on that point. Presentation only gets EA so many kudos before it starts getting overlooked by glaring gameplay bugs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »