Home

Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time

This is a discussion on Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time

As with all games, we posted a poll for NCAA Football 12 just as it was being released. Not surprisingly, the initial gamer reaction to the game was overwhelmingly positive with 85% of respondents saying the game was good to great.

Fast forward two months, we recently re-ran a poll with essentially the same question. With all of the problems and the patch which still hasn't been released, gamers opinions have cooled significantly. The game now gets a 57% favorable rating, with the people saying the game is bad has jumped from 4% to 20%, a huge increase.

What do you think about this change? Expected/unexpected/worrisome for EA?
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time

I expected it. And it is not too worrisome for EA because this happens almost every year.

I mean this lightheartedly but videogamers tend to whine excessively and they love hyperbole.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I think the really significant thing here is the much smaller total number of votes in the second poll. How much of that is due to people waiting for the patch vs just giving up and moving on to other games?
Old 09-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Rookie

LoganSf's Arena

OVR: 2

Expected, and I don't think EA could care less, they made their money this year, and they will make it next year and so on.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 19
Patches matter. If people choose to move on to other games, that's fine. EA already has their money. Future sales could suffer, if EA doesn't seem to respond to customer concerns, and their game quality is considered poor. I used to check out all EA Sports games, no matter the sport. Are we reaching a point of burnout with EA?

All that being said, NCAA 12 could be fixed with a good patch, and I would feel that I got my money's worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I think the really significant thing here is the much smaller total number of votes in the second poll. How much of that is due to people waiting for the patch vs just giving up and moving on to other games?
That's insignificant since the second poll hasn't had two months to collect votes. It's had something more like 36 hours

With experience after about 1000 votes, the percentages don't change much % wise (maybe +/- 5). We could go into how statistics work...but I'll leave that alone for now
Old 09-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

I honestly feel that one of EA's biggest deficiency is communication with its respective customer base. In the months prior to release it seemed as though every week we were being updated on the game and its features. Once it hit and the problems which were/are glaring we have only been left to speculate among ourselves as to what they are/arent doing.

The one time we got a really good opportunity to hear about the patch/fixes to the major bugs in the game was the interview with Ben on 8/18 and to be honest it sickened me to listen to it as to the way (in my opinion) he underplayed and for all intents and purposes blew off the concerns of the community regarding the bugs.

This is my own personal opinion but if they would at least communicate better as to what they are doing about these issues as opposed to leaving us to our imaginations I for one would not be nearly as critical. I have felt in the past they were unfairly criticized however this year my opinion has changed vastly on that.

In my own personal profession I know that being upfront with people, acknowledging mistakes, and letting them know that one is attempting to alleviate such problems goes a long way.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
That's insignificant since the second poll hasn't had two months to collect votes. It's had something more like 36 hours

With experience after about 1000 votes, the percentages don't change much % wise (maybe +/- 5). We could go into how statistics work...but I'll leave that alone for now
I don't think I made myself clear.

What I trying to get at was to ask if there was a significant number of people who (like myself ) hadn't voted in the second poll yet because they were reserving judgement until after they see the effects of patch #2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »