Home

#1 thing that NEEDS to be fixed...

This is a discussion on #1 thing that NEEDS to be fixed... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #9
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: #1 thing that NEEDS to be fixed...

I remember on last gen they even had QBs with varying pass mechanics. Some guys were quick release guys, overhand guys, and my favorite the side arm slinger QB heh. I miss that.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I've found that playing on Varsity, you can throw better passes.

Mainly bc the super LB's dont have eyes in the back of their head and make super leaps. So though the ball trajjectory might not be perfect, it doesnt hurt you as bad
Old 09-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longoria XxX NFL
2k needs to challenge the college FB game
Unfortunately, 2K can't. EA Sports owns the exclusive NFL and College Football licenses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
No, this is incorrect. Ben said so in the interview he did a couple weeks back, even laughed about it. It's all a placebo.

Agree that ball trajectory is terrible. I don't think that's something that can be fixed with a patch, it's likely more complicated than that.

Just amazing that the people who are paid to work on this game -- I assume that's their only job and that they put a lot of hours into it -- can't fathom what is obvious to anyone who plays this game for even a couple of hours.
Ill stick to the placebo affect.
is there a player rating that dictates jumping ability.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
Ill stick to the placebo affect.
is there a player rating that dictates jumping ability.
Yeah. It's called jumping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #14
Rookie

LoganSf's Arena

OVR: 2

I lower the linebacker jumping ability by thirty on each team. Before I edit them they average around 70-75. That is ridiculous
Old 09-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 23

The main reason this pisses me off is because it wasn't like this on our old systems...

NCAA 04 and 05 had this perfect... You could get that "medium bullet" pass (in between a lob and bullet) and you could put the ball over someone when you wanted too... Now, it seems they've gotten away from that altogether and its either a super high lob pass (which the DB will knock away because the ball is in the air forever) or a super low bullet pass that gets knocked down or picked by a linebacker 15 yards away...

With passing like this, there are simply throws that you CAN NOT MAKE in this game... This leads to the game being unrealistic, and predictable since the only throws people can consistently complete are slants and drags... I know outs and ins and hitches work, but, even on those you have to wait until AFTER you WR breaks to throw the ball... Its not a true ROUTE BASED PASSING SYSTEM like the old days...

psn - CeeGee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #16
Rookie

cgraves45's Arena

OVR: 2

What makes anyone think that issues, like this one, are going to be fixed this year or even for the next years game? Even if they did fixed it with a patch 2012 would have it right back in there. If I remember correclty there WAS a patch that was supposed to take care of the Super LB issue in NCAA 2010, but as you see, one step forward two steps back every damn year.....God I'm really starting to personally hate EA for ruining this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »