Home

After watching real college football...

This is a discussion on After watching real college football... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: After watching real college football...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleGriffey24
NCAA 12 is one of the best NCAA's in recent memory. There is still a lot to be desired however. Things like medical redshirts, which I have wanted since NCAA 04. I remember on the last gen games, things like players earning pride stickers, the home field advantage decibel meter and other small additions were a great touch. NCAA doesn't need an overhaul, just additions to make the experience more realistic.

I still feel like the atmosphere of college football is not at all captured in the game. That is why I loved the home field advantage decibel meter. It made road games feel so much better. If I am Tulane playing at Bryant-Denny, I want it to feel like a truly tough road game.
I could have sworn they had medical redshirts in one of the last gen NCAA games... or maybe even perhaps NCAA '10 on XBOX 360. Anyways, I agree. The home field advantage was the BEST feature on the last gen NCAA games, hands down.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #34
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I didn't see....

1) Nobody lining up and running out the Maryland I off tackle ALL GAME.

2) I didn't see anybody going for it on 4th and 13 from their own 27 in the 1st quarter.

3) I didn't see any teams abusing other teams with 4 Verts.

I saw...

1) Real human beings playing the game of football using their human intelligence and not programmed Artificial Inteligence.

2) My Tar Heels bash JMU(what they were supposed to do) and Bryn Renner have the 2 highest efficient football game in NCAA History 22-23 277 yards 2 TD's 1 INT.

3) The difference between a Video Game and The Real Thing!
Old 09-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #35
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
just get your controller out while watching the game, hold onto it and make the appropriate stick gestures, button pressings, trigger moves, etc. and it will REALLY make you feel better...
This might be the best post ever. However I'm worried EA might try and implement this as a new game mode.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #36
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
it really ruined ncaa 12. the outdated scoreboard on the bottom, no stat overlays, 2011 pro combat uniforms, commentary,neutral site games... etc... I always think that every game that we get this year feels like its for last year's season. maybe its just i want the patch to come out really soon. anyone else feels this???

I really dont see why EA wont put the neutral site stadiums in. Just import them from Madden. They need to work together on some stuff. I know they say they're different artwork, but why make things that difficult?

As far as the scoreboard, EA needs to develop their own that is a variation of ESPN scoreboard. this way, we dont feel it's outdated b/c we have nothing to compare it to.

Stat overlays and all that stuff are just laziness on EAs part
Old 09-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #37
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I really dont see why EA wont put the neutral site stadiums in. Just import them from Madden. They need to work together on some stuff. I know they say they're different artwork, but why make things that difficult?

As far as the scoreboard, EA needs to develop their own that is a variation of ESPN scoreboard. this way, we dont feel it's outdated b/c we have nothing to compare it to.

i can see them putting neutral sites in the next patch just for saying sorry it took so long. just put the x button in custom schedules and let me pick the stadium. its not that hard. id be happy if they just did what i said in that sentence. oh well, one man can only dream...
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 09-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #38
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32

I love posts like this where the last line is just a straight up cheap shot at the development team. Not saying you are wrong or right, I'm just saying we dont know, or at least I do not.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #39
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I saw WR's using their bodies as shields when catching the ball

I saw WR's going up and at least attempting to get the ball at its highest peak
Old 09-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #40
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

i saw ohio state passing with the backup QB in the 4th quarter up 35-0 and not get -150 sportmanship points haha, the Urban Myer actually said hey its not ohiostates job to stop ohio state its akrons haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »