Home

Need help choosing QB.

This is a discussion on Need help choosing QB. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Need help choosing QB.

Hey folks,

I started my Air Force Dynasty today and I am now in a bit of a pickle at the QB posistion.

My starter by default is a Senior with an 82 overall and his speed is 83, when I've had him under center the offense stalls,I get incomplete passes and my line isn't strong enough to give him time to run around, which pretty much cancels out his speed and the ability i may have had to tuck and run with him.

My second stringer is a Junior (or maybe a senior I can't remember) with an overall of 76 but is THP and accuracy are higher then the other QB. I am thinking of starting the second string QB because in week one he had more completions, but he did also get sacked more then the other one did.

Another problem I am facing is my next qb down after these two is a 69 Overall.. I know need to recruit one bad!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
Banned

Ceteris Paribus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need help choosing QB.

You need to learn to run the triple option. If you do that, you will be able to pick your spots to make the defense pay. You don't want to scramble, you need to run the option with your QB.

It will be ough at first, but once you learn to spot the DE, you will be able to quickly decide t give it to the FBor not. Then, if you keep it, it is just learning not to panic on your pitch.

But I'm pretty sure Air Force is a still an Option team. They do have other formations, and are more versatile than GT or Navy, but their bread is still buttered in the triple option.

Personally, I found learning the triple option to be a blast.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Rookie

the option play always gets me negative yards. Air Force's playbook is actually more of a pro style now but I am going to go back to my custom playbook probably.. Just can't decide what to do at that posistion.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

Use your formation subs to work in each QB. I would really need to see the playbook you're using but Air Force runs the option so I would assume you would need to find the sets with only one RB and go ahead and put the 2nd string QB in for those and not run it with the QB but the RB instead. I would think of other things but I would need the playbook to work with.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Use whichever one works best for you.

Ratings, especially the overall rating, aren't the be-all, end-all of performance in NCAA 12. If the younger QB has better THP and THA, and you like to throw from the pocket, use him. He probably has a lower overall rating because of AWR, and that won't matter much because you are controlling him (it may or may not impact his composure... I'm not sure). Maybe having a slower QB will force you to actually plant and throw instead of taking off and throwing bad passes on the run.

I know I like a small running back (5-6 to 5-9) because I feel more comfortable with them. Give a 6-2 back with 90 spd, 88 agi, and 91 acc versus a 5-8 back with 86 spd, 87 agi, and 89 acc (all other ratings equal), I'm going with the 5-8 back every time.

I'm just more comfortable with certain players and you may be as well. Go with the player that makes you better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Tim Jefferson is about to break the school's all-time mark for most wins as a starting QB.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJustPull
the option play always gets me negative yards. Air Force's playbook is actually more of a pro style now but I am going to go back to my custom playbook probably.. Just can't decide what to do at that posistion.
Playing this game on AA or above kills any type of consitent option atack. The DEs and the DBs are way too "psychic" as the lingo goes these days on these boards. I play on Varsity with sliders heavily favoring the CPU and I get realistic results running my option.

Switch to Varsity and use both QBs.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccards13
Use your formation subs to work in each QB. I would really need to see the playbook you're using but Air Force runs the option so I would assume you would need to find the sets with only one RB and go ahead and put the 2nd string QB in for those and not run it with the QB but the RB instead. I would think of other things but I would need the playbook to work with.
my custom playbook is based off of San Diego State with a few custom formations adding in for good measure. I was using a 5 WR set pretty frequently when I was on my UGA dynasty. As to the post about Tim Jefferson I have no clue which QB he is -- I sort of started the dynasty without knowing much about the team other then it was the Air Force academy and it would take me a couple of years to build them up.

I actually got sort of lucky though, they have apretty solid running back, a decent mlb and an average safety.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »