Home

RB's not coming back into game

This is a discussion on RB's not coming back into game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
RB's not coming back into game

This has probably been discussed. I am on my third yr of my dynasty and my previous starting RB graduated. While I playing with him he never substituted him out of the game unless he was tired and or I substituted his back up in the formation change screen. Now when I'm playing my starting RB will just randomly sub out and the back up will be in the game. But then he will sub out and my third string RB will be in the game. And for the life of me I can't figure out why. It's almost as if they are getting benched. Can anyone please provide assistance as to why this is happening.

Also why in the world when I try to put different guys in through the formation subs I can only do 50 substitutions? Any ways any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: RB's not coming back into game

Adjust your auto-sub sliders.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Been in the game for a few years now. You have to check you auto-sub's. Also look your your players stamina. If they have low stamina then they get tired really fast. So in this case if you run HB1 play after play and he has a low stamina rating then he will get tired. Come 4th qtr he will be gassed. You really should make use of the formation subs. It is a way to keep players fresh all game and also gets other guys in the game. That is how you build a program by building depth.

Think about it like this. In real life could a team only play starts the entire game at positions like HB and WR. The answer is no, not even in the NFL. It is not safe. I'm not sure how many carries you are giving your HB1 but most college backs don't get over 20 carries unless it is some option style system. Running back is a position where the more you touch the ball the more dangers it is for you.

After all we are talking about a video game so why not turn off fatigue. That way your starters play the entire game until they get injured. Then come 4th qtr you will have HB1 still totting the ball.

*I use auto-subs, formation subs, and limit carries to prevent this from happening.*
Old 09-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Rookie

mjwickstrom1's Arena

OVR: 1

Been having this problem myself too. I've always thought it was something to do with auto-subs like the people above have said, but I haven't really looked into it. Looks like I'll have to adjust some settings.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Your previous back had considerably more stamina than the new starter, he gets drained quicker as does your current back-up.

Change the amount of energy your HB has when he is subbed out to a lower number and/or change the amount of energy your HB should have when they are subbed back in. If you have it set to 60 (when subbed out) and 80 (when brought back in), change it to 50 and 70 or something along those lines.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I understand posters suggesting the use of formation subs as a solution but that gets annoying after a while because it only fixes one half of the problem. The CPU will still continue to play starters too much with settings at default. If you set auto-subs at realistic college football levels starters don't come back.

This needs to be fixed...like 3 years ago. The way EA has implemented the fatigue system is wrong. I don't think they will ever fix it, but it used to be worse than this. I can't remember the year 09 or 10 maybe, when the Def players would not get tired at all!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #7
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

its not just a RB thing. Ive had it happen to my RB but ive also had it happen to my best WR. Last game it happened with both. And its always in the 2nd half and usually the 4th quarter.

It can't be an auto sub thing because i lowered the level for when they sub out and when they sub back in and they still never subbed back in. I even checked to see if they were fatigued and they werent. Even when i'd try to formation sub it wouldn't put that player back in the game.

What sucks is its usually my best player whether its the RB or WR or both.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #8
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
It can't be an auto sub thing because i lowered the level for when they sub out and when they sub back in and they still never subbed back in. I even checked to see if they were fatigued and they werent. Even when i'd try to formation sub it wouldn't put that player back in the game.
There are two different energy levels. The first is the obvious energy level, which is what the slider primarily dictates. The other is the progressive energy level.

An example... Let's say you have your sliders set at sub-out at 75% and sub-in at 80%.

HB #21 starts the game at 100% energy and 100% progressive energy.

He gets 10 carries in the first half, which drops his energy down to 75%, he's subbed out for HB #28 until it gets back to 80%. These ten carries also bring his overall/progessive energy down to 90%. This level does not rebuild. From this point in the game onward, he's never going to have an energy level higher than 90%.

Now, HB #21 is back in the game with his energy at 85% (and progessive energy at 90%) now. He gets the ball about eight or nine carries in a row and his energy drops down to 70% and he's taken out again for HB #28. This drops his progressive energy down to 80%. Again, he's never going to rebuild that to any higher than 80% at this point.

Now, he's back in the game after halftime and he's stuck at 80% energy. You go back to him, like the workhorse that he is, and he gets another ten carries before he's subbed out of the game again. This time, his progressive energy is down to 70%. His energy is now not going to get back above the 80% threshold it needs to be in order for him to be subbed back into the game. He's done for the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »