Home

CAN you play user vs user in online dynasty?

This is a discussion on CAN you play user vs user in online dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CAN you play user vs user in online dynasty?

I want to start an online dynasty with one other friend of mine. I want to be michigan and he wants to be Nebraska. The question i have is this.....can my friend and i play as each others opponents week in and week out? For example, week 1: Michigan (me) vs Western Michigan (CPU)...but i want him to control the CPU team. NEBRASKA (Friend) vs FCS West (CPU)...He would play as Nebraska and i would play as FCS West and try to pull the upset. Is this format possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
No, gotta play the cpu
Old 09-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: CAN you play user vs user in online dynasty?

damn, this thread can be closed
Old 09-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Marv_Levy's Arena

you could technically do it but it would be a pain in the ***. You would have to start the online dynasty with coaching carrousel off. Then pick your teams for your week 1 game. You would pick Michigan he would pick WM. Then play the game when the game is over have your friend retire from the dynasty and rejoin as Nebraska. Make him the commissioner by transferring it over to him and you do the same.

Im pretty sure the FCS team would mess it up though since you cant pick to be them. SO just change the schedule and put some FCS class team like Akron or Eastern Michigan and have him pick them.

You should be able to do this every week and play the games you want.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsumichigan
I want to start an online dynasty with one other friend of mine. I want to be michigan and he wants to be Nebraska. The question i have is this.....can my friend and i play as each others opponents week in and week out? For example, week 1: Michigan (me) vs Western Michigan (CPU)...but i want him to control the CPU team. NEBRASKA (Friend) vs FCS West (CPU)...He would play as Nebraska and i would play as FCS West and try to pull the upset. Is this format possible?
YES U CAN!! you and your buddy both create another user on the PS3 and make those the opposing teams for the week. As the Commish you change the fake accounts or whatever you wanna call them to the opponent for that week.Basically it looks like u have a 4man dynasty going, but 2 of the user teams change every week, that way you NEVER play the cpu, Me and my buddy have been doing this since the Online dynasty started i think it was 09

Last edited by timmg; 09-06-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
YES U CAN!! you and your buddy both create another user on the PS3 and make those the opposing teams for the week. As the Commish you change the fake accounts or whatever you wanna call them to the opponent for that week.Basically it looks like u have a 4man dynasty going, but 2 of the user teams change every week, that way you NEVER play the cpu, Me and my buddy have been doing this since the Online dynasty started i think it was 09

I am really hoping that this method will work for xbox 360 as well...THis is great stuff by the way. Very helpful...Do you think that you would need another xbox live account to do something like this?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsumichigan
I am really hoping that this method will work for xbox 360 as well...THis is great stuff by the way. Very helpful...Do you think that you would need another xbox live account to do something like this?
I'd imagine that you would, and it'd have to be a gold account too. Also, I'm not sure if your online pass (what NCAA requires you to have to play online) is tied to your gamertag, but I'd imagine it would be which would mean you'd need to buy another online pass as well.

Hopefully I'm wrong about everything above though.

Of course, if you have other friends with live accounts (and who probably would need to have NCAA as well) that don't mind letting you use their gamertag, you could just recover their gamertags on your xboxes and then have them be the other users in your OD.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'd imagine that you would, and it'd have to be a gold account too. Also, I'm not sure if your online pass (what NCAA requires you to have to play online) is tied to your gamertag, but I'd imagine it would be which would mean you'd need to buy another online pass as well.

Hopefully I'm wrong about everything above though.

Of course, if you have other friends with live accounts (and who probably would need to have NCAA as well) that don't mind letting you use their gamertag, you could just recover their gamertags on your xboxes and then have them be the other users in your OD.
For the 360 last year, you didn't need an extra online pass but, you do need an extra XBL Gold Account. You can get a free month of XBL by creating a new account each month. That way they can keep their two regular teams and join as their respective opponent each week. It's a pain in the *** though.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »