Home

QB passing needs to be redeveloped in regards to logic and reality to avoid tips

This is a discussion on QB passing needs to be redeveloped in regards to logic and reality to avoid tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
Rookie

synjin's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: QB passing needs to be redeveloped in regards to logic and reality to avoid tips

How about pressing the corresponding button of the receiver you want to pump fake to, while holding down R1, would make a pump fake to that receiver?

Seriously, this game cuts so many effing corners it's disgusting. This is just one of many examples.

The ball trajectory model in NCAA is absolutely atrocious. So are the physical capabilities of defenders who can be running/strafing in one direction, then instantly leap 10 feet in the air and 12 feet in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION to swat a bullet pass. Laws of physics be damned. Same thing with the 300 lbs DT that dropped into hook/curl zone during a zone blitz, who can instantly leap 4 yards laterally to *intercept* a bullet pass to a receiver running a post 15 yards downfield.

Last edited by synjin; 09-08-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: QB passing needs to be redeveloped in regards to logic and reality to avoid tips

How about passes with a realistic trajectory instead of travelling 30 yards at no more than 7ft off the ground.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I agree with what you are saying. I think the issue is how aggressive the defense is tuned.
I respect your input as always jbrew, but I have to disagree with this. While it certainly is true that physics is not taken into account with defenders (as synjin said), and the problem would be much improved if they would take momentum, body angles, and realistic human reflex time into account, I still have to say that the trajectory of the ball and the coded connection between the WR and the QB are the issues. They need to completely rewrite the passing game (which I know couldn't possibly happen until they go to nextgen).

The act of passing is currently an animation begun that involves both the QB and the WR. The ball is not a free floating object, but rather an interaction between the QB and WR. This is also the same reason why there is no interactions between WR and DB. They need to completely rewrite this process, to where the QB releases the ball to a certain POINT on the field, and the WR/DB go to this point, interacting with one another as they go, fighting for position on the ball. If it is done this way, then the programmers could perhaps program 3-4 different trajectories rather than 2. Bullet passes travel far too low, but if it's too difficult to program them otherwise and also get there as quickly as they do, put a touch sort of pass in there. The kind you see on Saturday thrown to corner routes.

I don't know, I'm not adept enough at programming to figure this sort of thing out, but I do despise the way the passing game is currently built.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #12
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Super LBs and psychic DBs were in 11 as well, I think people are getting "mind block" about this. I adjust sliders to get results, but one of the ways the cpu compensates to get "realistic" stats is swatted passes/dropped ints/etc. I've just learned to accept these things for the greater good...which is my final stat line.

On the OP's topic....I completely agree, though, it is stupid and frustrating as hell to have these issues linger and linger version after version of this game.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 09-09-2011, 01:22 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

You all made great points on how to solve this issue, but i also notice that DB's are also out running most passes. Ive had recorded replays. And balls that hang in the air for short distances is so unrealistic. A qb in a real game throwing passess like that would be surely benched,lol. But true velocity and height of the ball will surely have to be addressed by EA in upcoming titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »