Home

Differentiating Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Differentiating Quarterbacks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #33
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Differentiating Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymndheartkilla
Let's all just assumed I have played the game before. Haha. These explanations are both funny and frustrating. I run an offense. I know it well. I know my audibles.

I suppose I could be wrong and it could be because he's a WR. I'll test it when I get back. Make a qb with low awr and check
I don't know what Jamal's QB AWR is since I'm out of town, but it is definitely under 30. He is 58 overall at the position despite having 82-78 THP-THA and he is a true freshman, so I bet his AWR is in the teens.

The thing is though, there are times when I can't audible with my starting QB either. And in regular formations, not just wildcat formations. It will be interesting to see if it is tied to awareness.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #34
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I don't know what Jamal's QB AWR is since I'm out of town, but it is definitely under 30. He is 58 overall at the position despite having 82-78 THP-THA and he is a true freshman, so I bet his AWR is in the teens.

The thing is though, there are times when I can't audible with my starting QB either. And in regular formations, not just wildcat formations. It will be interesting to see if it is tied to awareness.
I really think it is. Gates (the WR I had at qb) rating went down to the mid 50's as well and he could audible at home. As well as late in the away game when I had gotten the crowd out of it. But on third downs he couldn't audible again it was crazy
Old 09-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #35
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecktum
This is a valid point. It is kind of silly for a freshman QB with no game experience to be able to call audible or hot routes, but most people would be upset if these options were taken away.
I would be beyond pissed! But I can see if they just get formation audibles, I can live with that.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
They used to have composure in previous gen - seemed to work pretty well too.

FWIW, I'd like to see different throwing motions and a release rating that would govern the speed with which the QB gets the ball out after you hit the pass button (think quick-release Andrew Luck/Matt Stafford v. wind-up Tim Tebow)
yea composure was great,very few freshman could go on the road and be effective,would blow it on 3rd and long etc.I agree with the throwing motion statement also.Whatd id like to along with that is differences in running styles.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #37
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I agree that there needs to be more differentiation between quarterbacks in this game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
The only thing that makes these quarterbacks different in the game is THP and THA. I can have a freshman quarterback come in and thread the needle on every throw as long as he has even decent THP and THA. Also the awarness rating means nothing when you are actually controlling the player.

EA should impliment some type of experience rating. Its effects don't even have to be complicated, just make it so if a QB comes in the game with low experience maybe a few routes of the playart you see on the field is different than what the play is actually supposed to be (to simulate a freshman qb forgetting the play in the heat of the moment or not being in touch with his recievers) OR even just that with a low experience rating the QB will get rattled easy and overthrow easy throws REGARDLESS of his THA rating.

This small addition will bring SO MUCH to the game in terms of gameplay and strategy. Can't be too hard to impliment and even if it does take up time, its worth it. You literally see this happen every week.

EDIT: Just reading over this and thinking about it, the playart idea can add even more to the game without actually "adding" more than it already would. That honestly made no sense lol but what I mean by this is for example your starting QB goes down and you put in your Freshman QB with a low experience rating. You pick a play and when you come to the line you pull up the playart and say wait a second, I coulda sworn that in route was supposed to be an out route, get confused, call an unnecessary timeout. This forces you to pay attention to the play and know your playbook.

Again it adds to the game without actually having to literally "add" extra junk. The unnecessary timeout is something you see happen with young qbs who dont know the play. I hope that made some sense.
uhhhh, theres this crazy rating called "AWARENESS"...............
Old 09-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #39
Rookie

jjkwik's Arena

OVR: 2

the only problem that i could find with having a composure rating would be the QB's coming out of high school and starting as true freshmen that are able to manage playing in a hostile environment. A perfect example is the QB from Utah State. True Freshman, goes into his first game in college AT Auburn and almost leads his team to an upset
Old 09-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #40
Rookie

Tha_BlacKnight's Arena

OVR: 8
Thumbs up Re: Differentiating Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLev45
What was awesome about the vision cone is that the other person could see it too. So if you were good with it, you could actually look off a user covering your receiver.
Especially if the other guy controlled one of the safeties

On a side note: Not to get off topic but the passing cone helped me become a better defender playing strong safety. Just had to get that off my chest lol

6'8 220 Point Guard Ovr rating 62
College: The Citadel 2009-12

Career PPG 12.4, RPG 6.9, APG 11.2 (1521 asts)
89 career dbl dbls, 21 career triple doubles

4X All-Conf, 10-11 Conf POY, 08-09 Conf Frosh of the year, Frosh All Conf

Last edited by Tha_BlacKnight; 09-07-2011 at 09:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »