Home

Benefits of a 1 team OD?

This is a discussion on Benefits of a 1 team OD? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
Rookie

Tha_BlacKnight's Arena

OVR: 8
Benefits of a 1 team OD?

Ok I have been wondering this for awhile now and still dont understand. But what are the benefits of a 1 team OD? I have done my 1 team dynasty's offline, and done a few multi-team OD's. But never a 1 team OD.

Is there something you get out of it that you don't get offline? Is it because of the OD website that EA has?

I am just curious. I am by no means bashing anyone in a 1 team OD.

6'8 220 Point Guard Ovr rating 62
College: The Citadel 2009-12

Career PPG 12.4, RPG 6.9, APG 11.2 (1521 asts)
89 career dbl dbls, 21 career triple doubles

4X All-Conf, 10-11 Conf POY, 08-09 Conf Frosh of the year, Frosh All Conf
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Benefits of a 1 team OD?

Interested question i would like an answer also/
Old 09-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been considering starting one for two reasons.

1) Recruiting...it's nice to be able to recruit using the web interface. If I eat lunch at my desk at work, I can do my recruiting there. If I want to watch television with my wife, I can pull out the laptop and recruit while we watch shows/movies rather than me tying up the television doing recruiting. Frankly, I like being able to fire up the game and play, knowing that I have already taken care of my recruiting in my spare time, rather than being chained to the PS3.

Also with recruiting via OD, each each weekly update will give you a breakdown via email of which of your recruits committed and to whom. Obviously, you can track this manually, but for me I like to see it captured in that nice snapshot. Plus, I can go back and track week-by-week when certain people committed.

2) Season tracking...it's nice to log on and see that week-to-week report, and it goes for multiple seasons. To have a newspaper-like report of each game with a headline and highlights from the game contained right there is pretty cool.

Those are my reasons for wanting to do it...haven't done it yet though.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishthomas
I've been considering starting one for two reasons.

1) Recruiting...it's nice to be able to recruit using the web interface. If I eat lunch at my desk at work, I can do my recruiting there. If I want to watch television with my wife, I can pull out the laptop and recruit while we watch shows/movies rather than me tying up the television doing recruiting. Frankly, I like being able to fire up the game and play, knowing that I have already taken care of my recruiting in my spare time, rather than being chained to the PS3.

Also with recruiting via OD, each each weekly update will give you a breakdown via email of which of your recruits committed and to whom. Obviously, you can track this manually, but for me I like to see it captured in that nice snapshot. Plus, I can go back and track week-by-week when certain people committed.

2) Season tracking...it's nice to log on and see that week-to-week report, and it goes for multiple seasons. To have a newspaper-like report of each game with a headline and highlights from the game contained right there is pretty cool.

Those are my reasons for wanting to do it...haven't done it yet though.
Exact reasons I plan on doing one. Especially the whole recruiting from work. Say goodbye to productivity.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

So I won't loose any of the benefits/features of going with a single OD and dumping my offline?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just recently had the "transfer failure" issue in my single user OD for my bowl game. I still won the game when it was simmed, but that is no guarantee. So that is a consideration for you.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packbacker96
I just recently had the "transfer failure" issue in my single user OD for my bowl game. I still won the game when it was simmed, but that is no guarantee. So that is a consideration for you.
I wish EA would give back the ability to take an online dynasty offline.

My Video Game Streams
Old 09-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

You can't create prospects for recruiting. Not sure if anything else is different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »