Home

The Post-Patch Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on The Post-Patch Custom Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Post-Patch Custom Playbooks

Fired up the game, was told that I must save my custom playbook to use it in game, loaded custom playbook, setup audibles that had been reset, changed a formation around, saved.

When I went into the game I had several blank pages in the formations. So I'd go from I to Shotgun to Absolutely Blank to Absolutely Blank to Pistol to Absolutely Blank. There were also endless Absolutely Blank formations at the beginning and end of the list.

I'm hoping that creating a new playbook will fix it, but too tired to do that now. Waited a few weeks without playing for this patch. Doesn't look great thus far.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:32 AM   #50
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I went into my custom playbook before starting a game and it was entirely screwed up. It was previously just I, Pistol, Gun, Wishbone. Now, since it was Air Force's base playbook I now have... 1 Ace, 1 Flex, Maryland I with no formation in it.

Are you kidding me with this nonsense?! My playbook took hours and hours and hours to put together so that it wouldn't glitch out and so that everything was where it needed to be. Now, it is screwed up entirely. I don't even want to look at my 2 defensive playbooks yet.

Now it keeps telling me to re-save my playbooks, which I have already done and it won't even start a game with them. Not that I wanted to play with the screwed up playbook to begin with, but I wanted to see the damage in game.

Should I even bother getting started on a new playbook?!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:49 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm also having these same playbook issues. It really does suck after all this time, the patch makes the game unplayable.

However, I did manage to get past that "you must save playbook in team management" message. All you really do is go to team management, load the playbook and save it. Then back out, and go to the game BUT you MUST change the playbook because saving it changes the name, mines was called "MSUCUSTOM" but when you chose that, it still gives you that same message, so all you do is switch playbook to the next available and the NEW name of my custom playbook was then called "MSU2". Once you do that, it proceeds to game as usual BUT you still see blanks and missing formations like others have mentioned.

All in all, the playbook is broke. I'll try deleting my old one tomorrow to see if that will help in any way but don't have my hopes up that's for sure.

Thanks EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 05:42 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 6

Here is what I did as an experiment:

1. I deleted all my custom playbooks.

2. I created a new custom Offense playbook based upon the Wisconsin Pro Playbook.

3. I encountered the issues about not being able to delete certain plays and formations, but I finished making the playbook anyway and saved it under a custom name.

4. I created a Custom Defense Playbook based upon the Multiple Defense book and saved it under a custom name.

5. The game recognizes both playbooks, so I played a complete Coach game with no in-game issues. The Defense Playbook contained some plays I did not recognize, but otherwise seemed intact. The Offense Playbook contained both plays and formations that I did not create and, most comical of all, there was no Onsides Kick Recover play in Special Teams. Also, standard punt returns were missing from Special Teams. I did not look at Goal Line plays.

Before Patch 2, I had no trouble with Custom Playbooks. So, I'll wait to see what EA does about this glitch. If they don't fix the problem, I'll reinstall the game to avoid Patch 2.

I am a retired senior executive and I spent my career in the Electronics Manufacturing Business. If I had provided my customers with this kind of product, I would have not had any customers. What is happening here is a prime example of a product which has become so complex that it has exceeded the skills of the EA people responsible for managing it. We are all still customers because there is no alternative product.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
I am a retired senior executive and I spent my career in the Electronics Manufacturing Business. If I had provided my customers with this kind of product, I would have not had any customers. What is happening here is a prime example of a product which has become so complex that it has exceeded the skills of the EA people responsible for managing it. We are all still customers because there is no alternative product.
This.

I've been defending EA on a lot of things, stuff like freezing, even the transfer glitches, that's stuff that can "slip through" on a project that's got a fixed timetable so it has to be rushed in the end, there's nothing a developer can really do about that, you will always have some kind of bugs.

But these playbook bugs are inexcusable. They are so obvious that ANY kind of testing of custom playbooks MUST have revealed them, it took me literally less than a minute to notice something was off after opening the custom playbook editor. So in my opinion, there's really no excuse whatsoever how a bug like that can be introduced by a patch that took them months to get out.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #54
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Here is what I did as an experiment:

1. I deleted all my custom playbooks.

2. I created a new custom Offense playbook based upon the Wisconsin Pro Playbook.

3. I encountered the issues about not being able to delete certain plays and formations, but I finished making the playbook anyway and saved it under a custom name.

4. I created a Custom Defense Playbook based upon the Multiple Defense book and saved it under a custom name.

5. The game recognizes both playbooks, so I played a complete Coach game with no in-game issues. The Defense Playbook contained some plays I did not recognize, but otherwise seemed intact. The Offense Playbook contained both plays and formations that I did not create and, most comical of all, there was no Onsides Kick Recover play in Special Teams. Also, standard punt returns were missing from Special Teams. I did not look at Goal Line plays.

Before Patch 2, I had no trouble with Custom Playbooks. So, I'll wait to see what EA does about this glitch. If they don't fix the problem, I'll reinstall the game to avoid Patch 2.

If you look within special teams there are sub categories now. Within there you can select kickoff return normal or kickoff return onside.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
If you look within special teams there are sub categories now. Within there you can select kickoff return normal or kickoff return onside.
You are correct. I did not see those options, but I now see them. I also now observe that similar options are available for Punt Returns, Blocks, etc.

One more observation: I am in Practice in Coach Mode. Because of the high camera angle in Coach Mode, the play is only partially visible, due to parts of the practice stadium blocking the view. Yet another glitch because EA people obviously never bothered to look at Practice in Coach Mode. Amusing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
We are all still customers because there is no alternative product.
"That's the truth, truth!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »