Home

Letter To Developers And Response

This is a discussion on Letter To Developers And Response within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Letter To Developers And Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
As a completely offline (no wireless) player, I've resisted buying '12 b/c of the information posted here, Utopia and the Gaming Tailgate forums. I can't see shelling out the $60 for a game that might be OK straight out of the box.
Some, a statistical minimum, say they're having no problems, just add sliders. But the wealth of 'need fixed' threads for different glitches or items has scared me off. I'm sticking with my old '11 game even w/o patch/tuners to fix in-season progression and the absence of pancake blocks, for example.
I know -- b/c I've read the comment countless times here in OS -- there are members that will say 'fine, don't buy it, your loss.' But doesn't EA see that there are others out there like me not posting "fix ____" threads b/c we've been too concerned to even buy the game? Doesn't EA see that it's their loss, too?
I second that...I have bought Ncaa EVERY year...not this one...but here I am looking for some hope that maybe I can purchase it and get my college football fix...This kinda reminds my 2k baseball now that I think about it...ridiculous
Old 09-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

In all honesty fellas we have been through this before with EA and in particular NCAA..This isn't the first time that a major glitch has hampered playability and I can promise you it won't be the last. The problem is we have people saying that they won't buy the game next year etc.. when in reality it's those same peole who have amnesia from the year before and get excited about buying the game on release day based on Community Days, people getting and hyping thhe game early, and the ever present EA marketing machine..add the fact that people by July are ready and jonesing for a football game and are willing to give EA one more try!!!..fellas Ea knows this and banks on it year after year..We can't fault them it's a cycle that's been established for years and with the advent of good sites like this it compounds the problem...Sure we can get mad about what's happened this year but in reality who will actually remember what happened in September on July 14th 2013...very few..I am not a EA apologists nor ***** just calling it like I see it..While the ultimate solution is to rent before buying( a process I have done)..there is a overwhelming sense of gravity that pulls people in for release day purchase..LOl..heres hoping EA gets this years problems worked out!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #11
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dast
Jaga did respond, its under the comments on the posted letter. While that doesnt make any of this acceptable, it is certainly good news that EA is aware of, and actively working to fix the problems. A little more communication would be nice, but im a patient person and loyal fan of the ncaa series. im not giving up yet
Same here, I am going to continue to wait and see what happens next. I am upset and I too would like to hear something from EA about the issues known, saying like "hey guys, sorry for the mess, but we are continuing to work out the problems" sort of thing. The game is paid for, so hang on to it for awhile longer and will continue to tweak rosters and go from there. Probably won't be as quick to buy 13 next year until I hear from the forum on how the gameplay is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 01:27 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

hey you guys, the best way to stick it to EA is to not buy the game, period. Unfortunately the game was up on sales, the best thing we can do is to not buy 13.By doing so the retailers will reframe from ordering any additional copies to sell. Also, buy the game from a non retailer(friend, EBAy, pawnshop). That would help put a kick in EA tiburon to do better business and save you at least 30 bucks.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:26 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack10
hey you guys, the best way to stick it to EA is to not buy the game, period. Unfortunately the game was up on sales, the best thing we can do is to not buy 13.By doing so the retailers will reframe from ordering any additional copies to sell. Also, buy the game from a non retailer(friend, EBAy, pawnshop). That would help put a kick in EA tiburon to do better business and save you at least 30 bucks.
yup. when the hype for next year's game rolls around, I'm going to have to just ignore it and pass on buying it, as hard it is might be. I did this for madden for a couple of years until finally buying this year's version (and I'm sorta wishing I hadn't given in on this madden either)
Old 09-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been buying college football since Charles Woodson was on the cover..The last one i bought was Ncaa football 2007 for the ps2 and xbox 360..i ended up trading in the 360 version. I stuck to the ps2 version until this year. I love this series, and i am a huge college football fan. I played for a Division 2 school and coached there after. It runs deep in my blood and its a fire i cannot not put out. The hardest thing i had to do year in and year out was to read your guys' posts about the game and try to make a statement by not buying the game. And every year, i fought the urge, and i just had to remind myself by going on this site or ncaa strategies, that i am not buying the game because i will hate it..but because i love it and the only way to make a statement to a company who only understands fiscal gains and loses is to stick to my guns and not buy the game. It almost seemed as if they were finally heading in the right direction. THe whole coaching carasoul, custom conferences, custom playbooks, in season player editers...it just seemed like this could be the year that this game could be a breakthrough.

but i was wrong.....

And it saddens me to no avail, that i will be embarking on another journey that will require me to not buy the game again.. I will be reading next years reviews, getting my hopes up, almost convincing myself that these same issues that have existed year in and year out on the current gen did not make it into THIS year's game...but i will fight my urges and come to my senses...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »