Home

Offensive Coordinator clock issues

This is a discussion on Offensive Coordinator clock issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Rookie

Pride1's Arena

OVR: 2
Offensive Coordinator clock issues

Playing my first game in my offensive coordinator dynasty and was wondering if there was a workaround for the automatic sim on 4th downs.

For example, I was leading with under 2 minutes left just running out the clock and I had a 4th down with the clock at 35 seconds and running as the play clock started. Of course, instead of letting the clock run out, the game simmed me into a punt and the CPU was able to run about 5 plays when they shouldnt have even got the ball back.

Is there anyway around this or am I just stuck with the awful programming logic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Offensive Coordinator clock issues

You don't have control over those decisions as an OC. Unfortunately, the guys at EA don't know much about football so you'll see silly stuff like that. These are the same programmers that think a hail mary is a good play to call on the goalline in RTG.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Offensive Coordinator clock issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride1
Playing my first game in my offensive coordinator dynasty and was wondering if there was a workaround for the automatic sim on 4th downs.

For example, I was leading with under 2 minutes left just running out the clock and I had a 4th down with the clock at 35 seconds and running as the play clock started. Of course, instead of letting the clock run out, the game simmed me into a punt and the CPU was able to run about 5 plays when they shouldnt have even got the ball back.

Is there anyway around this or am I just stuck with the awful programming logic?
The only way around this is to call no huddle and if your goal is to simply run as much time off the clock if you are in the lead then let the clock run after u call no huddle. At that point you can either actually go for it, call a timeout/punt, or just get the delay of game penalty.

If the team you are playing calls a timout however all of this is not possible as the clock stops there obviously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »