Home

Do we expect too much?

This is a discussion on Do we expect too much? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #17
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Do we expect too much?

I think when they say it's gonna be authentic and loud and don't promise it it stinks. For example like 20 teams have pregrame traditions when we all know 120 have them. And every stadium should feel different but they don't. Bronco Stadium and Mackay Stadium feel different
NCAA #1: Nevada Wolf Pack
NCAA #2: UCLA Bruins
NFL: Denver Broncos
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: Portland Trailblazers
Old 09-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
Well, in all fairness, NCAA has 120 teams on the disc where as NFL only has 32, NBA 30, and MLB 30 as well. So, the NCAA series has 4 times as many teams to put on to the same size disc.

I am by no means an EA fanboy, especially with this latest fiasco, but this could be the reason.
NCAA Football (PS2) had 117 teams........sooo..............yeah............the re goes that theory.

Sent using common sense.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureAUgrad
If EA could emulate the stat overlays and presentation that NBA 2K11 had then I would be EXTREMELY happy. I haven't played it (2K11) that much because I just picked up a used copy at GameStop and haven't ever played it very much to begin with before that. Playing 2K11 for five minutes in Association mode blew my mind, though. League leaders in all major stat categories, past season's leaders in all major stat categories, individual player's career stats vs current season stats, team stats from previous and current seasons. It was really amazing the amount of detail they put into it. Not to mention the background information the commentators would remark upon for certain players (even though I know that couldn't be implemented into a college football game). If EA could get their presentation to even be comparable to 2K11's then I would deem it a MAJOR upgrade.
I've never played a game as in depth as 2K11...I've never played a sports game that played as life like either.

As far as the presentation...my goodness, I mean, the courtside reporter has little tidbits on just about every player, the announcing is fresh, even to the point where if the two commentators are talking about something, and you score a basket, Al Michaels will be like "and there is a lay up by blair, so as I was saying before." Just absolutely absurd. The crowd is into the game, the stat overlays are perfect...

What the heck is EA doing? How hard can good stat overlays be? What is the point of teaming with ESPN if you make their graphics look like garbage?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #20
Banned

Ceteris Paribus's Arena

EA doesn't believe that the time and effort to produce the level of presentation you guys want will move sales totals in a significant way. While NBA 2K11 finally became a sales beast, that superior presentation has not done squat for 2K.

And I say that as an NHL 12 fan that would have jumped to NHL 2K12 in heartbeat if it had NBA 2K12-like features, even with a trade-off in terms of gameplay.

It's not laziness or complacency. It's business. For every guy in this forum that expects this, there are 10,000 who would never make a purchase based on this at all.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:55 AM   #21
Rookie

I disagree Ceteris. I have a couple friends that play 360 (I'm on Ps3) and they asked me if I was gettin the game when it came out. Now, these fellas don't get on forums and read stuff and post stuff about the game. They just play it online and mess around in offline dyasties. I wouldn't consider these to guys as "hardcore" NCAAers. Well, they told me that they wanted to come check it out and play it when I got the game, said they were tired of shelling out 60 bucks for the same game every year with updated rosters.

Low and behold they ended up not buying the game after playin a few games with me.

You can say that the casual gamers don't care about the core issues with the game, but that's false. If anyone is going to continue to buy this crap game it's us hardcore gamers and we know that we are far out numbered compared to the casual players. Hell, I'll admit, ima sucker for college football and buy the game every year and likely always will. BUT, when EA starts losing the MILLIONS of casual gamers than that's when tuff will change. IMO it's beginning already. The casual gamer doesn't mind playing the same game for 3 years, hell to then it's just another football game. And come to think of it, there probably on to something that my fanddem is to blind to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »