Home

Ok, I give up....

This is a discussion on Ok, I give up.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ok, I give up....

In my dynasty, I am playing FCS NW with Villanova that I downloaded off here...while Nova isn't good, they should be much better than the generic FCS schools...

What I did was try to test the team to see how I can do going to an air raid attack on them, and man, did it not work out...my QB went about 6-20, and I seriously didn't hit a pass further than 10 yards downfield because there is always blanket coverage, or the super LB's knocked down a ball.

A post over the middle, forget it. A curl more than 10 yards, no chance...even an out is not going to happen. My favorite is when my receiver was running a post pattern, and the DB had his back to him, and the receiver makes hit cut, and magically, at the exact same time, the DB cuts too.

Just Awful..

I quit in the middle of the second quarter because I don't feel like playing this unrealistic garbage. If you can't hit a 15 yard throw against that team, the game is completely broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Ok, I give up....

turn down CPU PCVG
Old 09-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Rookie

I honestly have tried that...I don't think it changes the fact that the defenders stick to my receivers like glue...
Old 09-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm going to have to attribute this to your ability at the game. I am in a Heisman Dynasty with SECElite's sliders playing as Akron and have had success in the passing game.

I have also had success with North Texas in the passing game in another dynsaty, in that one, I actually broke a school record for passing yards.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mra85a
In my dynasty, I am playing FCS NW with Villanova that I downloaded off here...while Nova isn't good, they should be much better than the generic FCS schools...

What I did was try to test the team to see how I can do going to an air raid attack on them, and man, did it not work out...my QB went about 6-20, and I seriously didn't hit a pass further than 10 yards downfield because there is always blanket coverage, or the super LB's knocked down a ball.

A post over the middle, forget it. A curl more than 10 yards, no chance...even an out is not going to happen. My favorite is when my receiver was running a post pattern, and the DB had his back to him, and the receiver makes hit cut, and magically, at the exact same time, the DB cuts too.

Just Awful..

I quit in the middle of the second quarter because I don't feel like playing this unrealistic garbage. If you can't hit a 15 yard throw against that team, the game is completely broken.
What difficulty do you play on?

I too am frustrated by the super LB's and the DB's running the route in front of the WR's....but I LOVE running an Air Raid attack...so I've learned to deal with it.

There is a great thread at a different site (I'm not sure of the rules for this forum...so I won't say the site name) that has great advise on the Air Raid. It's helped me a bunch.

Also stepping up in the pocket to buy time has been huge for me. I have noticed that no matter what D the CPU is in....if you get more time somebody WILL get open.

Again, I'm not great (I'm playing with SECElite's All-American sliders)....I do get sacked a lot, but my completion % is around 65-70% and my INT numbers have fallen quite a bit.

One other thing not entirely on topic. The DRAW is the most amazing running play in the Air Raid's playbook.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
I'm going to have to attribute this to your ability at the game. I am in a Heisman Dynasty with SECElite's sliders playing as Akron and have had success in the passing game.

I have also had success with North Texas in the passing game in another dynsaty, in that one, I actually broke a school record for passing yards.
What, running streaks down field?

Please, when so many others have the same issues, do not blindly call out my skills at the game.

If you actually broke a school record for passing, there is a good chance you are cheesing it up.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
What difficulty do you play on?

I too am frustrated by the super LB's and the DB's running the route in front of the WR's....but I LOVE running an Air Raid attack...so I've learned to deal with it.

There is a great thread at a different site (I'm not sure of the rules for this forum...so I won't say the site name) that has great advise on the Air Raid. It's helped me a bunch.

Also stepping up in the pocket to buy time has been huge for me. I have noticed that no matter what D the CPU is in....if you get more time somebody WILL get open.

Again, I'm not great (I'm playing with SECElite's All-American sliders)....I do get sacked a lot, but my completion % is around 65-70% and my INT numbers have fallen quite a bit.

One other thing not entirely on topic. The DRAW is the most amazing running play in the Air Raid's playbook.
I was using SECELITE's sliders for AA....

It's not the issue that my guys are covered, I understand that will happen...it is the issue that 99% of the time, any route more than 10 or 15 yards down field is blanketed...I mean, even notice the CPU passing game..how often do they complete a pass downfield?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #8
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mra85a
What, running streaks down field?

Please, when so many others have the same issues, do not blindly call out my skills at the game.

If you actually broke a school record for passing, there is a good chance you are cheesing it up.
hmmm...I don't think that attacking him is all that productive to the conversation.

I truly think that 98% of people on here don't cheese...otherwise we wouldn't be on this site.
I've been accused of "running 4 verts all the time" when I posted the box score to a game where I passed for 650 yards....when in fact I don't EVER run that play....

I don't understand why when anybody says they've had success doing something somebody starts to scream "WELL ITS PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU CHEESED!"

anyway....now that I've gotten that off my chest....lets get back to trying to give each other advise on getting better at the Air Raid...because I'm looking forward to hear other user's advise to make my game better.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »