Home

The Mysterious "Peacekeeper" of NCAA

This is a discussion on The Mysterious "Peacekeeper" of NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Mysterious "Peacekeeper" of NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
I see what you're saying. I don't play baseball games that often so I don't know about that. I mean, the times I've lost, it's because I turned the ball over too much, and made bad defensive calls/plays and they converted on those.

I play Hockey, which is similar to what you're saying with goalies not being able to stop pucks all of sudden. Again, the only time I see this is when I turn the puck over in my own zone and they have an odd man rush.

There may be predetermined games, but you can change the outcome to them IMO. If they are killing you in the passing the game, then when you get the ball chew clock, so they won't get the ball back as soon as they normally would. To me, I've never really seen an issue, because again it's changing your gameplan. If I can't complete a slant, then I'll run a screen or something to try to get my QB in rhythm. IRL a quarterback misses wide open throws all the time, especially at lower tier programs. When I was watching the WKU-UK game last week Kawaun Jakes couldn't hit an open receiver to save his life.
The bold section explains it all. Thats how an individual should go about securing a victory. But the majority of the complainers cannot get their head around this concept. CHEW THE CLOCK. QB kneel if you have to.

Bottom line...if you are up 42-7 in the 4th and you lose, you just suck. I mean, its ok if you suck. Its just a video game. Im sure you are successful at something, something, hopefully.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #26
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

If I lost a 35 point lead in the 4th quarter I just wouldn't play that game anymore. If someone is playing the 'normal' 7-8 minute quarters than 6 possessions shouldn't even be possible for one team if you are playing properly.

If you're stat padding then hopefully you've learned your lesson

Then again, maybe its just me but I don't lose 20+ point leads... nevermind its already in my sig
Old 09-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #27
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

OVR: 0

I played a game where the CPU recovered 3 onside kicks in the 4th quarter and kicked a game winning 54 yard field goal.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankssta
I played a game where the CPU recovered 3 onside kicks in the 4th quarter and kicked a game winning 54 yard field goal.
I actually believe people lie on here just to get a point across..."I was up 70-0 against the CPU with :30 seconds left and the CPU scored 10 TD's and recovered onside kick for a safety and I threw my controller and it ricocheted off of Kirk Herbstreit's head!!!"
Old 09-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #29
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

OVR: 11

Again, I think some of you guys are missing the point here. Read my original post. I never GOT to run the offense or chew the clock. And I'm not stupid. If I am going into the final few minutes of the 4th with a 28-7 lead, Im going to run the ball and chew the clock.

The point is that the game allows the computer to win in COMPLETELY unrealistic ways... I wouldn't mind losing on a comeback win if the CPU HB didn't break 9 tackles on the way to a huge TD run....
Old 09-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #30
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
If I lost a 35 point lead in the 4th quarter I just wouldn't play that game anymore. If someone is playing the 'normal' 7-8 minute quarters than 6 possessions shouldn't even be possible for one team if you are playing properly.

If you're stat padding then hopefully you've learned your lesson

Then again, maybe its just me but I don't lose 20+ point leads... nevermind its already in my sig
Oh Ok, you guys play on 7-8 min quarters that's it don't give the cpu a realistic amount of time, gotcha I will do that from now on.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #31
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldd
Again, I think some of you guys are missing the point here. Read my original post. I never GOT to run the offense or chew the clock. And I'm not stupid. If I am going into the final few minutes of the 4th with a 28-7 lead, Im going to run the ball and chew the clock.

The point is that the game allows the computer to win in COMPLETELY unrealistic ways... I wouldn't mind losing on a comeback win if the CPU HB didn't break 9 tackles on the way to a huge TD run....
Okay, I read it the first time, and read it again. I didn't say it the first time, but if your OC, then you don't control kick-offs/kick-off returns or defense like you mentioned before. So unless you watched these plays I don't know how you can say any of this is true. And watching all these plays would take awhile, so I'm going to say most of this is embellished to make a point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #32
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Oh Ok, you guys play on 7-8 min quarters that's it don't give the cpu a realistic amount of time, gotcha I will do that from now on.
I don't think most of us have time to sit and play a 2-3 hour game, but to each their own I suppose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »