Home

Custom Conference Scheduling (multi-division) Problems

This is a discussion on Custom Conference Scheduling (multi-division) Problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5
Custom Conference Scheduling (multi-division) Problems

Tried searching so sorry if a repeat topic.

I added two teams to the Big Ten and realigned the two divisions by swapping a couple of teams. Nothing major.

It appears that the CPU does not rotate the schedule from year to year and also does not schedule games vs. conference opponents from the other division. In my third year, I have yet to play a game vs. a Big Ten opponent from the other division.

Also, my order of conference games is exactly the same from year to year, it just rotates home and away.

So in other words, it's boring as hell. Anyone else seeing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Custom Conference Scheduling (multi-division) Problems

Never payed to the scheduling from year to year in my dynasty but it wouldn't surprise me.

In my offline dynasty I changed the Big 12 around a little, and in my 2nd offseason I cannot get past the transferring recruits part to my 1st weekend recruiting. it freezes there every time. I have probably tried like 10 times now different variations of moving to different weeks ahead of it and it freezes at the same point every time. I believe this has something to do with the custom conference scheduling.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

I have noticed the same thing in our dynasty. We started with the SunBelt and after year two we decided to make it a 12 team conference and have a title game. There are 4 users in our dynasty so we obviously split them up on each side. We are now finishing our 3rd year of the conference realignment and the game rotation is a little screwy. One or two users per year will play all of us, one user played a whole year only against one user team. I have played everyone in the regular season except one user who I routinely meet in the conference title game.

Very strange. Ill keep you updated as we go into year 4 of the realignment. Hopefully it works out so some users don't have a fair advantage by being able to pass by the user games.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Rookie

maddguuns's Arena

OVR: 6

The custom conferences option was a pretty good idea, but you can tell it was developed by gamers, not sports nerds.

Many things are wrong with it. We took the Big East, made it a 12 team conference and made it so some rivalries were kept and made it so conference games could start in week one (like last years Rutgers/Cincinnati opener)...guess what...every team played 11 conference games. Couldn't figure out why. Best part? Notre Dame played all 11 at home one year and away the next.

Oh...and did anyone notice you could never completely clear out and get rid of a conference? So super conferences doesn't make sense because you need at least one team in every junk conference. Unrealistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »