Home

Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school?

This is a discussion on Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #25
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school?

I waited until patch2 to really get into the coaching thing. I'm going with Marshall and I'm still in year one. I have a created QB and slot reciever. Kind of a Harvin-type. My QB is about as accurate as Helen Keller, but he is a solid runner and the WR is the best player on the team (it is Marshall). I'm 4-0 right now beating WVU in a shootout by 4 points. I had to drive down the field to come back, I beat Southern Miss by two td's, I can't remember the 3rd team on the schedule and I just beat VTech last night. I jumped on them early and then in the 2nd half they stormed back..I didnt score a point from half time on until the end of the fourth quarter. Scoring a TD and getting the 2-pt conversion for the win. I didnt want to go into over time against a team that had completly stonned me from half time on so I went for the win and got it on a QB power running play (I run an Urban Meyer-esque system). So hopefully after a few good years there and finding some recruits to fill in my system, ( I still need a good RB and a solid TE and legitimet #1 WR) I can go to either an above average OC position or a mediocre (Utah, Kentucky, Toledo ect.) HC job. I'm not sure which one I would take though...probably the OC job at a big school that way I can try and recruit and re-create a Dan Mullen/Gus Malzhan (with Cam) type season as an OC at a big school.

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #26
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz468
Good question. I've been wanting to make a 1* TeamBuilder team and start as the HC there.
I did that with WKU, as a test and part time dynasty, played 4 minute quarters and simmed easy games so it went really fast.

Went from WKU (3) to Tulsa (2) to Georgia Tech (2) to Michigan (3yrs, there were 4*), to USC (4 years) until I finally got to the dream job of Texas (6* school).
Old 09-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #27
Rookie

whoatherecowboy's Arena

OVR: 0

I got a job as the head Coach at Memphis after a conference Championship season in year one with NIU. Then After a 14-0 Season at Memphis I took the HC job at purdue.

College Basketball
: Marquette, CU, Northern Colorado

NBA: Nuggets, Hornets, Nets

NFL: Broncos, Lions
Old 09-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm 10 years in and I have had lots of good offers. I've found that once you reach the A range in prestige then the offers start to come in.

I was OC for 5-years (1 at USM and 4 at Baylor). Now I am HC at ECU (5-years in). This is the year I am bolting. The Pirates are plenty strong. Last year I turned down Mizzou, Ole Miss, Iowa, and all the usual craptastic teams that offer me jobs. Nothing to spectacular there... no OU, ND, Mich, Bama, Tex, etc...

Iowa is after me. They have offered me like 3 times. I will accept if they offer me this year.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #29
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

It can happen, you just have to stick with it. My ladder went like this:

OC at Arkansas State (1 year, left to go to WV)
OC at West Virginia (1 year, left to go to Akron)
HC at Akron (1 year, fired even after taking them from 0 wins to 3)
OC at SMU (2 seasons, left to go to UF)
OC at Florida (2 seasons, before HC got canned)
HC at Florida
Old 09-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

I started my dynasty as ou's oc and $have had a few head coaching offers in my 4 years there. I have gone to 1 nc and won it my first year and gone to three bowls where I lost 1 and won 2. I had skipped a opertunity to sign a extention with them because they let the hc contract exspier so I thought I might have a shot but they hired him back. So i am still biding my time until I get the offer for the hc job from them.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #31
Rookie

BigSteveTN09's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz468
You probably have to take an OC job at a bigger school first. I have two success stories for you.

1. I started as OC at UAB. There for 3 years, then hired as OC at SDSU. There for one year, hired as OC at Mississippi State. There for two years, hired as HC at LSU. There for 3 years, hired as HC at Notre Dame.

2. Started as OC at Navy. There for three years. Hired as OC at South Carolina. After one year, Spurrier was fired and I got promoted to HC. After 5 years as HC at South Carolina (2 NCs), I was hired as HC at Auburn.

Just stick with it. If you want to become a HC within a few years, you probably have to start as an OC at a 3* or 4* school.
What's dynasty like when you play that far into it?

I haven't played that far into a dynasty on an NCAA game since like 07 or 08
NHL - Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteveTN09
What's dynasty like when you play that far into it?

I haven't played that far into a dynasty on an NCAA game since like 07 or 08
Summed probably

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »