Home

Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school?

This is a discussion on Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
How do you conclude that it is fixed? Coaches still progress too fast. The guy in the post above talks about going from OC at SDSU to HC at WVU? How far has WVU fallen? That is a completely unrealistic move. Same for the OC from MSU going to be the HC at LSU. No matter how successful SDSU or MSU was, the only HC job that coordinator should get is a lower level DI job. That's just the way it works. Maybe my standards for a "good" and "working" coaching carousel are too high, but I definitely wouldn't call it fixed.
prestige-wise, where would you put Texas and Florida? because Texas's coordinator got the Florida job IRL... i think there are other situations like that, but that one is a prominent example.

besides, the problem with coaches progressing too quickly should make it HARDER to get a good job, because all the CPU coaches suddenly have A/A+ prestige. i'm wondering if everyone in this thread used the default roster? or a roster from OS with all the coaches zeroed out or drastically lowered?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #42
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Pre-patch I got a job offer as HC to Texas after 4 years and I started as a DC to some lowly ranked school can't remember I declined that job because I felt it was too quick and after years and years of simulating I landed a Job at GA as DC then had 3 great years got a contract extension for 2 more years and after the first year I got hired as there HC for a 4 year contract.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:34 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

I started as an OC at Miami. After one year I got offered the HC job at FIU. Stayed there for 2 years and won 2 bowl games.

Than I got a HC offer from LSU. Stayed at LSU for 4 years (won 2 National Championships) and finally got offered the HC at Miami where I still am.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #44
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomenol
I started as an OC at Miami. After one year I got offered the HC job at FIU. Stayed there for 2 years and won 2 bowl games.

Than I got a HC offer from LSU. Stayed at LSU for 4 years (won 2 National Championships) and finally got offered the HC at Miami where I still am.
Mine is a similar story. Started out at Duke as OC helped lead them to 3 bowl games, 1 win and 1 ACC title. Got offered the Rice HC position. With the help of a 4 star QB I landed, we went 14-0 record, C-USA title and Liberty Bowl win. After the season I was offered LSU's HC job and accepted.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #45
Rookie

strive's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
How do you conclude that it is fixed? Coaches still progress too fast. The guy in the post above talks about going from OC at SDSU to HC at WVU? How far has WVU fallen? That is a completely unrealistic move.
They were a 3stars school coming off a losing season. My three years at SDSU I had top three offenses and really good overall teams(11,11,12 win seasons) and SDSU prestige had risen to 4stars. Given the context, I think it was a realistic move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #46
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by strive
They were a 3stars school coming off a losing season. My three years at SDSU I had top three offenses and really good overall teams(11,11,12 win seasons) and SDSU prestige had risen to 4stars. Given the context, I think it was a realistic move.
Realistic given that SDSU was now in the eyes of the game slightly better than WVU.
I think what is bothering him, and myself a little, is how 4 bad years can make a school go from 6* to 2*, when in real life Miami (FL) was still a top school to go to even after 9 years of not really being near the top.
Or how Michigan will always be a top destination even though they haven't had a great year since 2006.

I wish EA would add a "long term" mode, where prestige takes 2-3 years to drop even the slightest, maybe 5-10.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #47
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strive
I don't care how far WVU has fallen, they aren't going to hire the OC from SDSU. The head coach? Sure. The OC? I don't care what kind of numbers you are putting up in the Mountain West. Even the Big (L)East is much better than that (at least they would like to think so).

Major programs should almost never hire coordinators unless they are from another major program. Major programs want head coaches with a proven track record. As for Muschamp... that was an oddity, sure, but he was also the head coach in waiting at UT which for some reason made him automatically a hot commodity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcordloh
Realistic given that SDSU was now in the eyes of the game slightly better than WVU.
I think what is bothering him, and myself a little, is how 4 bad years can make a school go from 6* to 2*, when in real life Miami (FL) was still a top school to go to even after 9 years of not really being near the top.
Or how Michigan will always be a top destination even though they haven't had a great year since 2006.

I wish EA would add a "long term" mode, where prestige takes 2-3 years to drop even the slightest, maybe 5-10.
Exactly.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 11

does alma mater matter (haha) at all, in anyone's experience?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »