Home

A Letter to EA and to all the community sites

This is a discussion on A Letter to EA and to all the community sites within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #9
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Agree with many sentiments, but a lot of molehills made into mountains IMO.

We're consumers, not shareholders.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #10
Rookie

uclabruins4ever's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: A Letter to EA and to all the community sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
The team is working on it. we are ware of the "No huddle" issue and we've been working on the transfer failure issues as well. Some users are now haivcng success advancing when they were previously stuck in Bowl Week. We're going to continue at this and I'll update you guys when I have more information to share.

Thanks for the response

is there an acknowledgement of any other issues besides the "no huddle" glitch in the new patch...like the ones I named?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #11
EA SPORTS Community Mgr.

Dewiel's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins4ever
Thanks for the response

is there an acknowledgement of any other issues besides the "no huddle" glitch in the new patch...like the ones I named?
Yea, we're aware of all of the issues that you mentioned and the team is looking into it. Thanks for the feedback btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #12
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

I used to be a Madden/EA guy. I used to buy Madden every year on Maddenoliday (I called in sick before it was cool to do so... ), used to pick up the NHL series but now, well, EA is the brand I avoid religiously. I refuse to buy anything with EA on it and that just doesn't cover sports. I don't buy The Sims or any other franchise they have that isn't sport gaming.

What will EA do to try to get back those of us who poured hundreds and, (quite likely for some of us) thousands of $$ into your company? This is the first time I've seen an EA rep on a gaming board in years. Has the brush fire finally gotten to the point with NCAA12 that we finally get listened to?

Dewiel, I'm not picking on you specifically, I promise. But EA has done whatever it seems it could possibly do to drive away those that bought your stuff annually.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Agree with many sentiments, but a lot of molehills made into mountains IMO.

We're consumers, not shareholders.

This. Some good points made in the letter, surrounded by a whole lot of whining, which really dampens its effectiveness.

The solution is, and always has been, "Don't like it. Don't buy it." Nobody is forcing us to fork over 60 dollars.

And what is the expected endgame? Do they really expect EA to read the letter, and suddenly give up exclusivity rights?

It's very simple. If you are dissatisfied, DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. But, by continuing to buy the game and complain every year, you will not affect change.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #14
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
The team is working on it. we are ware of the "No huddle" issue and we've been working on the transfer failure issues as well. Some users are now haivcng success advancing when they were previously stuck in Bowl Week. We're going to continue at this and I'll update you guys when I have more information to share.
How about all the pre-patch issues that the patch was supposed to fix, but didnt? As far as I can tell the only thing the patch fixed was tendencies. I am an offline player, so I cant judge what was done with OD. But offline, freezing is still a huge problem, and coaching progression actually seems worse then it before.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 09-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #15
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Folks don't reconize they scheme,ever notice since this gen that EA promotes NCAA football 12 til madden comes around the corner then here comes the 40 dollar trade in for madden deal smh

1.they don't care that u trade in there products they already got ya money

2.but they do care if you bought it used because if you do then ea don"t get the sale the store does do you ever notice gamestop tries to get you to by the game used because they would get the sale even if its 5 dollars cheaper

3.you got to have some self control on release day dont fall for the hype train and then when the train runs right pass you(in 2 weeks) with your money you get mad lol I was in luv with her since i was 5 now she switch up and got (stale)old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #16
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Since you are here........

1. When will they increase the chances of the CPU blocking punts and FGs ?

2. When will they fix the blocking on punt returns ? The gunners and one guy off the line always get down the field way too fast, which results in it being 3 defenders against 2 blockers, 3 yards away from the returner as soon as he catches the ball.

Also the CPU AI punt returner needs to use the whole field and stop running in a straight line directly into the 3 defenders that is in front of him.

3. When will they fix the lack of pass interference and offsides being called. I haven't seen a pass interference called in a NCAA game in years.

4. When will they fix the QB scramble logic ? As it stands now they run up the middle of the field 99% of the time and very rarely scramble outside of the offensive tackles. QB needs to use the whole field when they are scrambling as well and stop with the straight line up the middle running.

And they most definitely need to stop sliding when they are bigger then the corner back that is trying to tackle to them. They need to use their special moves a lot more when they are scrambling and their priority should be to score a TD.

Too many times I seen them slide when they only have 1 guy to beat for the TD, instead of bouncing to the outside and continuing running for the TD. If a player has a speed and acceleration advantage, they need to bounce it to the outside more and stop conceding to a tackle to a player they are faster then.

5. When will they fix the return rating ? A higher rating should mean a higher chance of them returning a kick off or punt back for a TD. But on default rosters, the blocking on kick offs and punts is so bad they can't get more then 5 or 7 yards.

Highly unrealistic considering in real life, this season so far:

13 punts and kick offs combined have been returned for a TD
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...turnTouchdowns
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »