Home

Throwing the Fade

This is a discussion on Throwing the Fade within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Throwing the Fade

I think I found a way to throw the fade. What you do is drop 5 yards and tap receivers button. In testing I hit the receivers hands almost everytime. Whether he holds on depends on your catch slider.FYI only on the goal line.

Last edited by imwhatzup; 09-14-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Throwing the Fade

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwhatzup
I think I found a way to throw the fade. What you do is drop 5 yards and tap receivers button. In testing I hit the receivers hands almost everytime. Whether he holds on depends on your catch slider.FYI only on the goal line.
I started pushing up on the stick to try and get a little hight on my pass on fades because most of the time if I just lob it gives the DB to much time to get to the pass and knock it down.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
Rookie

If your wr jumping ability isn't good it wouldn't work but with Alshon Jeffrey it's money.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
Rookie

I have had a lot of success with this vs single coverage to Michael Floyd on ND. Tap the throw button, aim for the back corner with precision passing and time up the user catch. I would venture a guess that I caught it for a TD 95% of the time with him. I think it definitely has to do with the jump and catch ratings of your WR. Floyd is only 6'3. I play online dynasty with Ole Miss and their 6'6 receiver can only get it 1/2 the time. I can do it all over the field. I wait for the WR to get the release on the DB before I tap it.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
Rookie

Use L2 I'm telling you it works every time in goal line situations if you have a good WR. I have 6'6 Kelvin Benjamin from fsu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle
I started pushing up on the stick to try and get a little hight on my pass on fades because most of the time if I just lob it gives the DB to much time to get to the pass and knock it down.

I also push up on the left stick and it works great it getting a lot of air on the ball.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
Rookie

I think that some problems people post are more like their problem. It seems like if someone can't do something then the game is "flawed".
Old 09-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

After having a ton of trouble throwing fades, I put in a ton of practice field work and have gotten better. If you try and throw it like the fade is executed in real life (right as the WR releases off the outside shoulder), you are going to be hit or miss on whether the animation kicks in. But if you wait a bit and get some loft, the WR can turn and get it at its highest point.

Now my biggest problem is getting my QB (Taylor Martinez) to throw it accurately. I've had some times where I've used the stick to aim high and get loft and he air mails it because of his awful accuracy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »