Home

Everyone's age?

This is a discussion on Everyone's age? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #25
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Everyone's age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mra85a
Better yet, why did they release a game with multiple issues?
Just curious here, but with the outcry going on here at OS about the game how it is, what kind of hysteria would of it brought if say june 15th EA released a statement that stated the game will now be delayed until october 7th?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 09-15-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

[quote=Cardot;2042859543]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mra85a
Dude, I read reviews...most of them were rave and very good./QUOTE]

Did you read the impressions here on OS? How long after release did you buy the game?
I only read the reviews from the normal outlets, and didn't find this site till after....
Old 09-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #27
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Just curious here, but with the outcry going on here at OS about the game how it is, what kind of hysteria would of it brought if say june 15th EA released a statement that stated the game will now be delayed until october 7th?
Probably massive but in a much different way.

I actually wish it were released in September with the benefit of the two patches already built in. At least I wouldn't be bored of it by now.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #28
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

[quote=mra85a;2042859569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot

I only read the reviews from the normal outlets, and didn't find this site till after....
Ah, gotcha. For the next time, this site and the "impressions" threads are great for these purchasing decisions....epecially for those on a budget....you can get right down to the smallest detail. I would just recommend waiting 3-4 weeks until after release. Sometimes the more glaring issues take a while to really be noticed.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #29
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
If EA had come out and said the reason was because the game was filled w/ bugs galore and was not going to be playable by the majority of the community, then the response would have been welcomed. As it is... most here feel like they paid EA $60.00 to beta test for them.

FWIW... I remember when Madden didn't release until November!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Additional question brought up by the "rewrite the whole game" talk.

How long do you think it will take to completely rewrite NCAA?
W/ today's technology, it shouldn't take more than two years. W/ all the great programmers out there, they should hire them, take next year off and deliver a monster game in 2013. Of course we all know that won't happen and next year's game will have many issues as well. Which is why I won't be buying and I'm sure many others won't as well. How high that number is remains to be seen... but something tells me the fiasco this year will resonate for a long time.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #30
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
FWIW... I remember when Madden didn't release until November!
I don't even remember that.

What was the year that EA had to actually mail out copies of Madden due to bad discs being originally shipped?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #31
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswaykos
I feel like I'm on an island in that I find this game is enjoyable. Maybe it's just because there is so much else going on in my world (not that that makes me 'better' by any means, and I'm certainly not trying to imply that) that bugs in a VIDEO GAME don't ruin my day/week/month/life as it appears they do to some of you.

It's almost comical to see the SAME complaints year after year from people who - you guessed it - BUY the game year after year. If you keep spending, why should EA do anything at all?
Simple answer. Some people (possibly you) play NCAA as an entertainment outlet and like to simply play football games. Other people play NCAA to become immersed in the simulation of a Dynasty.

If the game's faults don't allow you to become immersed in that Dynasty or require insane amounts of effort to create the game environment that you desire, then you would be and should be a disappointed consumer.

Believe me, you're not the only person with a lot of things going on their lives outside of video games. Speaking personally, I'd much rather be able to get my hands on a quality football game that allowed me to pop in a disc and begin an amazing Dynasty or Franchise experience without spending countless hours fixing problems that should have never made their way through unit testing and QA. This would allow me to enjoy 1-3 hours per session with the game and feel like I have satisfied my urge for football. Instead, the football games released by this studio have required hundreds of hours of what I feel are wasted time in order to get a halfway decent simulation experience in their Dynasty and Franchise modes.

So in your world, there are two choices: Buy or don't buy.

From a strictly business perspective you are correct that those are the options. From the human perspective that leaves a LOT to be desired when you're force fed only one product choice each year. That's the whole reason behind antitrust and monopoly law and unfortunately this game developer has landed in a sweet spot of the law that enables them to get away with this current game without customers choosing a different product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
But what reviewer plays the game to the extent of the people on this board to be able to catch the bugs and glitches with the efficiency of the everyday player? Reviews are nothing but what is seen on the surface. Unless some major bug makes the game completely unplayable to the point the reviewer can't even review it -- in which case, the game wouldn't get released in the first place -- chances are they aren't even going to notice the majority of the things that routinely have this and other forums all in an uproar every year.
I was getting at this (or attempting to, anyway) in my original post. Reading reviews is one thing, and if you willingly went out and purchased a game based on initial reviews - which are typically based on very limited play time - that's your fault. You KNOW, these days, that there are almost always bugs that surface weeks (months?) in to a game being released. If I were reviewing NCAA '12 I'd love it because I don't use custom play books or a no huddle offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »