Home

Can 5-Wide be stopped with the Dime?

This is a discussion on Can 5-Wide be stopped with the Dime? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
Rookie

LoganSf's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Can 5-Wide be stopped with the Dime?

Yea I was going to say you have to hot route each individual linebacker to a receiver
Old 09-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #10
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

I man up and on 3rd in long I show man but run a zone blitz(overload one side drop lineman on weak side) or random downs and it catches most users of guard. I usually, can't be stopped on OFF unless I make a silly mistake and then punt. But I never press and if it gets bad I switch Coverage to Agressive hope the other user throw a bad pass where my Dbs can be in position. Not much of advice but usually how I handle 5 wide its really hard to stop but if you stick with it you'll catch enough breaks to pull out Ws Edit: if you can score.
YouTube: TBD

Last edited by PaperBoyx703; 09-15-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I go Dime or Quarters against 5 WR, always man. I don't usually bring pressure because it never gets there in time. If I do, it is a LB and I still have a single safety on top.

Last year I would run Dime Normal with a defensive back subbed in at middle linebacker (the DB, Eric Hagg, was my starting OLB, so packages let me switch between him and Lavonte David at MLB in Dime). When the offense went 5 WR, I would go Dime Normal and let a DB at MLB cover the slot. This year, I have started running Quarters against 5WR and manually controlling the MLB to stop crossing routes. You won't get pressure, but you'll have 8 guys in coverage and should be okay.

If you are facing a running threat at QB, you can always leave the MLB to Spy out of Quarters 2 Man (his true assignment) and control a safety.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »