Home

Tendency Bug w/ New Recruits

This is a discussion on Tendency Bug w/ New Recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Tendency Bug w/ New Recruits

Oh..ok. 2k12 comes out very soon, at least I wont have to pay much for it when I turn in ncaa and madden, thats it for me im done with ea sports, I tried to stay positive through yhis whole process, but ea isnt even trying to communicate with us at all, and its a damn shame. Ea cant get things right, you can see that by lookimg at the basketball series. 2k puts effort in their basketball and football games, its quite funny how nfl 2k5 still blows madden and ncaa out of the water in terms of gameplay. pathetic
Old 09-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731
Could someone try this as a workaround...Go into the next season at the season setup screen. Save the Dynasty to the hard drive. Delete the patch. Reinstall patch. Load Dynasty to see if the tendencies changed. This may work if there is something in the patch that causes the tendencies to "switch" back to where they are supposed to be. It might be inconvenient but it may work...
Did anybody try this? What fixed the tendency issue...the patch or the tuner?
Old 09-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #51
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Guys has anyone done any extensive testing with this? How often does it happen and if it's only certain positions that are affected? I know QBs for sure, but what other pos have their tendencies switched?

Man I was ok with the no-huddle glitch I have been working around it, but I swear I have yet to even start a dynasty. Since the last week of July I've had this game. I have yet to start a dynasty. I cannot believe this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Did anybody try this? What fixed the tendency issue...the patch or the tuner?
I haven't been able to test this as a workaround yet...I know there is something in the patch that switched the tendencies back to what they were supposed to be but it only did it to preexisting files. So if you had a roster that was saved after the patch that had the tendency glitch, it didn't work. I found the workaround for this to be deleting the patch, going into the game and saving the rosters under another name, reloading the patch, then loading the rosters.

It seems this would work for offline dynasties to fix the tendency bug....delete the patch, go in and save the dynasty under a new name, exit game, reload the patch, and enter the new saved game. In theory, it should fix the glitch...

My problem is online dynasty...since I can't access online dynasty without the patch, there really seems to be no workaround. I'll do some toying around with it to see if I can figure something out at some point.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #53
Rookie

Cool Hand Luke's Arena

OVR: 0

Are those of you that have experienced this starting your dynasties with edited rosters? Has anyone tried to start a dynasty with default, out of the box rosters, since editing players is what caused the tendency problem in the first place?
Old 09-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #54
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke
Are those of you that have experienced this starting your dynasties with edited rosters? Has anyone tried to start a dynasty with default, out of the box rosters, since editing players is what caused the tendency problem in the first place?
My dynasty was started with Patch 1 and no tuner update using default, auto named rosters.

I am getting this error with new recruits. Most of the tendencies change between when I'm recruiting them and when they join my team. I have old saves from my first seasons to show that this was a problem pre patch.

When I edit the recruit the tendency goes back to what it should have been.

Worst part of all it that the errors also show up for other team's recruits, meaning I'll have the exact same problems I was hoping to avoid when I went with an auto-named roster to begin with. Boo.

That means in order to fix the problem I will have to edit every single recruited player on every roster of a team I face. Boo and not worth it.

I REALLY hope EA can fix this without me having to restart my dynasty. Otherwise, it's going to be kind of useless playing from around seasons 4-onward when recruited players really start to come to the forefront and take over starting positions.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #55
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
My dynasty was started with Patch 1 and no tuner update using default, auto named rosters.

I am getting this error with new recruits. Most of the tendencies change between when I'm recruiting them and when they join my team. I have old saves from my first seasons to show that this was a problem pre patch.

When I edit the recruit the tendency goes back to what it should have been.

Worst part of all it that the errors also show up for other team's recruits, meaning I'll have the exact same problems I was hoping to avoid when I went with an auto-named roster to begin with. Boo.

That means in order to fix the problem I will have to edit every single recruited player on every roster of a team I face. Boo and not worth it.

I REALLY hope EA can fix this without me having to restart my dynasty. Otherwise, it's going to be kind of useless playing from around seasons 4-onward when recruited players really start to come to the forefront and take over starting positions.
I have come to the conclusion that this game is only good for Play Now games. I cannot believe this. Unbelievable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #56
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Guys have a look at this I'm at work and can't check for myself. I have just read on another site that even though some player tendencies change and can be seen as changed in the roster view once you select the player and go to the attributes page (4th page) their correct tendency is shown. Can anyone confirm? I will sim a dynasty when I get home and edit this post.

Edit: Just finished my test.

Team: LSU
Test Pos: QB

Simulated recruiting and set my Scrambling QB priority to high. Signed 3 QBs, 2 balanced and 1 scrambler. Tendencies stayed the same during training and cut players phases, but once the new season starts...the changes happen.

My 1 scrambling QB was now Balanced and my 2 balanced QBs were now scramblers. This is straight ***!!!

Equipment change test: I then proceed to change a minor piece of equipment on each of the 3 QBs. The result was a new piece of gear and the correct tendency applied to each player.

Also of note the original roster players seem unaffected as the lone holdover Jr QB from the season before remained balanced. All of my balanced and speed WR recruits were mixed up as well, but I did find out that you can change a single attribute of any recruit in order to get their correct tendency back. I just change the speed up or down 1 and then change it back to original. Recruit goes back to original tendency when first recruited. In your dynasties you will need to fix every new recruit on the roster this way, as well as the players on the teams you play. This is not a bad workaround as I have heard this tendency glitch does not affect sim games, but I may be wrong about that.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 09-19-2011 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Test Results

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »