Home

Seriously? Strip ball now has no counter?

This is a discussion on Seriously? Strip ball now has no counter? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Seriously? Strip ball now has no counter?

I think the OP's issue is that he's causing all these fumbles. My suggestion would be to house rules something so you don't take advantage of it.

FWIW, I don't want facemasking as the counter as, as has been stated, that's not really how it happens. I'd prefer more missed tackles to counter the strip ball attempts.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by imraged
What drawback should there besides missed tackles?
Facemask, which is what they had last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Facemask is one of the most idiotic counters to an aggressive strip ball setting.

For those of us that played football and have done strip ball drills, your not supposed to go anywhere besides the arms. Not swinging your arms around like a maniac and grabbing the facemask like EA implys. Hell even watching games on TV, you will see players drive their shoulder into the ball carriers arm and use both hands at pulling the ball. No where near the face mask. Yes a slightly increased face mask risk should be involved for those rare cases where your flopping your arms around randomly (low awareness or similar?) but I don't want to see it often. Increased broken tackle risk and if they could implement properly working post hit blocking (if a player is stood up, players start pushing the back of the offensive player to push him forward).

But no, face masking is just..no.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't see that many facemasks as a result of stripping the ball. I tend to see the computer getting more yards, which is completely logical.

And to the person saying they took facemasks out of the game... no they didn't. I've seen several called.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:42 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

We can talk about counter this counter that all we want. Wouldn't it just be easier to make turning strip ball aggressive down in effectiveness on the developer side? Test the game and make sure when it is on aggressive that 5+ fumbles aren't forced per game.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 2

And make it player specific, or tied somehow into a player's awareness + tackle + strength... something like that. Some guys have a knack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »