Home

Simmed two seasons - observations

This is a discussion on Simmed two seasons - observations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Simmed two seasons - observations

So I decided to sim two seasons and noticed some things:

Tendencies

(a) Recruit tendencies are not fixed...some of the time. Sometimes the recruit's tendency stays the same. Of the 10 or so recruits I watched from recruit to end of freshman year, I saw that some changed tendencies and some didn't. For example a scrambling quarterback who went to Oklahoma is now "balanced." A balanced runningback went to Penn State and is now a speed back (with 88 speed). A runstopping DT is now balanced. On the other hand a power back who went to UF is still a power back and a speed back who went to FSU is still a speed back.

(b) Creating a recruit has weird tendency issues. So I created two quarterback recruits, one with 99 at speed, acceleration, etc and another who is a pure pocket passer with speed of 40. Immediatly after creating these two, I viewed the recruit board. Guess what, both the scrambler and pocket passer are both pocket passers now. That being said, the 99 speed pocket passer started the majority of his freshman year, and he did attempt 159 rushes.

Sim Stats

(c) Quarterback passing stats seem off. Only one quarterback in the second year had a 60% completion percentage and he only attempted 81 passes. The quarterback who threw the most yards and touchdowns (with only 5 ints) completed only 50% of his passes. No quarterback threw over 3,400 yards in either season.

(d) Too many rushes for quarterbacks generally I did not see a quarterback who started the majority of the year attempt less than 70 rushing attempts. The majority rushed 110 to 130 times in a season, even if they were balanced or a pocket passer. In fact, the quarterback mentioned above in led the NCAA in TDs and yards is a pocket passer with 67 speed; he attempted 137 rushes in that season. Also, Denard Robinson's longest rush was 16 yards.

(d) Rushing generally looked good. They might be a bit high for some people's taste, as there are lots of 1,000 yard rushers and the high I saw was 1,900 yard rusher from UCF with a 6.7 rushing average. College stats can be like that. Still, way too many runningbacks are averaging over 6 yards a carry; in the second year there were 19 backs with 1,000 rushing yards while averaging 6 or more yards a carry.

(e) No complaints on reception stats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Simmed two seasons - observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeandhalfstars
(a) Recruit tendencies are not fixed...some of the time. Sometimes the recruit's tendency stays the same. Of the 10 or so recruits I watched from recruit to end of freshman year, I saw that some changed tendencies and some didn't. For example a scrambling quarterback who went to Oklahoma is now "balanced." A balanced runningback went to Penn State and is now a speed back (with 88 speed). A runstopping DT is now balanced. On the other hand a power back who went to UF is still a power back and a speed back who went to FSU is still a speed back.
At what point in the dynasty did the tendencies switch? Did they all switch simultaneously?
Old 09-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
At what point in the dynasty did the tendencies switch? Did they all switch simultaneously?
There tendencies switched at the start of the 2nd season, I think after training. Except the created player switched tendencies immediately.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Power backs were never messed up... it wasn't all tendencies. Just some.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Some things to ponder for your "test":

-Tendencies will change as a player progresses. So if a player progresses really well then they could change tendencies. Your QB at Oklahoma could have saw an increase in the passing ratings which changed his tendency. As far as the "speed" back at Penn State look at his ACC. I have seen "speed" backs with 88spd rating and 90'sacc rating.

-The QB rushing attempts also include sacks. If a QB gets sacked then it will show up in the stats as a rushing attempt. Look at the number of times the QB was sacked and subtract that number from the total rushing attempts to get the true number.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

I certainly contradict your QB stats. I had Kellen Moore throw for 5100 yards the first season, and the leader is usually around 4000 in my dynasty.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #7
Rookie

So with these replies I've gotten I decided to start a new dynasty and sim again, but this time I will use the game's original roster and not the OS Community Roster I downloaded. The stats look fantastic and I'm not seeing the same issues with them as before with the OS Community Roster. And in fact, a quick look through the Community Roster topic shows others have had the same issue with this particular roster's stats after the second patch.

So, whats a good roster that gives good stats after the second patch?

Please note I did not check tendencies of recruits in this sim.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm not sure what you are testing now. Are you looking at sim stats? If that is the case then stats always differ from sim to sim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »