Home

Who do you usually control on D?

This is a discussion on Who do you usually control on D? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Who do you usually control on D?

DLine. If I control a CB or a Safety, they're getting 6. lol
Old 09-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #18
Rookie

jolson88's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
For those of you that use a dlineman, how do you use him? Do you press and hold R2 at the snap so he comes off quick, then when he's engaged you use your special move? Do you use special move at the point of snap? Do you not use R2 at the snap for run?
+1. Curious about this as well.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #19
Rookie

jolson88's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaguylol
DLine. If I control a CB or a Safety, they're getting 6. lol
I wish I had that kind of stick skills when playing cb or safety. Perhaps I just need to stick with it and practice
Old 09-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #20
Rookie

maximized98's Arena

OVR: 3

I use the DL too. I try to use a LB from time to time, but it has not worked out well
Old 09-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

3-4 scheme: Jack LB (2nd MLB) = I find this allows for the most flexibility on defense. I typically shift the DLine as necessary, on running downs towards the strongside and on passing downs towards the weakside and typically blitz off the edge. Against human opponents that like short throws for 3rd down conversions or like to run with the QB alot I'll use the LB for coverage/spying. Typically I play a fairly conservative Man Under/Cover 3 scheme. I've got 3 defensive audibles set to bring each different LB (with myself still controlling the Jack LB), which I think gives a great ability to adjust and constantly get pressure on the weakside.

4-3 scheme: Anywhere on the DL. Typically the DT, but on passing downs I like to switch to a DE and come off the edge. I'm less of a fan using this scheme unless both of the DE's are really fast and allow me to occasionally drop them out (Manually) and use them like LB's to chase down plays or spy.

I've tried playing a safety before, but I dont think it allows me to generate enough pressure because if I'm bring the safety on the blitz it means I'm playing cover 1, which against a good human opponent will get beat deep far too often, and against the CPU gets exploited anytime a guy is left open. I think if you're going to play the safety its best done against human opponents that can be tricked.

CB seems like something to play if you want a challenge or you're playing against a human opponent who only targets their #1 WR all game.

I think the real key when playing any non DLine player, is let the CPU handle the coverage until the pass is off, then take over for the INT/strip. Or let them play out the zone and then assume control once the QB scrambles. I try to run plays on defense that allow for me to free roam with the LB so I have freedom to make plays while feeling confident that everyone has someone on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 20

I am currently playing a dynasty with new Mexico state and using a very aggressive 3-4 based defense and usually use one of my best lbs. In passing situations i like using a blitzer, in less certain situations i use a guy in coverage
Old 09-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #23
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Saftey.

I LOVE run support!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #24
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolson88
I wish I had that kind of stick skills when playing cb or safety. Perhaps I just need to stick with it and practice
Yea i have been practicing since I made this thread and have gotten a little better. My problem is less with coverage and more with making the tackle. A lot of times I come in too hot and just whiff on the play.
The only thing I hate about playing as a DB is when your and zone and you go to cover a wide open guy because no one else is and the DB whose zone you go in follows you instead of going to cover someone else in his zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »