Home

Fumbles

This is a discussion on Fumbles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Fumbles

Yeah, it's the carry rating as stated.

The issue is that most fumbles caused by the AI will come through that ugly ball strip animation vs through the various hit/tackling animations that would help enhance fumbling sequences.

In a nutshell, there aren't enough fumbling animations to add variance as players are tackled/hit from different angles etc... so we are limited to the 1-2 fumbling animations they've given us (yeah, immersion is the term they like to through around during hype time) ie "strip-tackle".

Also, because the Carry rating causes a big hit on a player's OVR, you would have to be willing to see lower OVR rated RB's to improve in this area to the levels we see on TV.

I have my TE's/WR's set at low levels so that in passing situations were they are vulnerable the ball comes out more.

Still tweaking though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

EA really needs to address this. I bet I could go an entire season without fumbling. Really takes away from the gameplay.

I have played on both Heisman and AA and have seen a RB fumble once in about 20 games.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:29 AM   #27
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
I can think of two fumbles in the month I've had the game. I like it. Anything that encourages less luck and more skill is good in my book. Lost to too many cheesers last year only because they would get a lucky fumble.
How can you call it "football" if you are taking all of what you call "luck" out of it?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Played another 10 games or so....No fumbles. I honestly don't see how this can't be viewed as a game killer. The Runningback's never, ever fumble.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #29
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm in week 8 of my online dynasty and I have 0 fumble recoveries. I just think that's ridiculous, but on a flip side I haven't lost a fumble yet.

PSN:FrshOutaBubblGum
Old 09-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigsooie3
I'm in week 8 of my online dynasty and I have 0 fumble recoveries. I just think that's ridiculous, but on a flip side I haven't lost a fumble yet.
Yeah, that's what I am talking about. The thing is OS keeps talking about themselves as a sim gamer website. Where are all the simheads? Football without fumbles?!? Where's the outrage?

This is brutal, game killer for me.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #31
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I just played a game where my QB fumbled twice (only recovered once), and my halfback fumbled. Ten games into my season I'd say I've fumbled a total of 6 times. Isn't that about average?

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I just played a game where my QB fumbled twice (only recovered once), and my halfback fumbled. Ten games into my season I'd say I've fumbled a total of 6 times. Isn't that about average?
No, the Median is 1.7 fumbles per game in real life. .6 fumbles would lead the nation in least fumbles most years.

What sliders did you use to see a RB fumble? I never seen it happen even tried lowering ability to 0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »