Home

Overhead view Questions

This is a discussion on Overhead view Questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2003, 01:30 PM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Overhead view Questions

I was just curious how many people use the overhead view ?

I have always used this view because I always felt it gave
me the best view of the field, especially on pass plays and
on defense.
My biggest gripe about this view is that it isn't useable in domed stadiums though. Not that there are a lot of domed stadiums but I play with PSU and last night I got my *** handed to me by Minnesota in there domed stadium.

Mainly I can't see my outside receivers on offense and on many of the passing plays you can't see the defender until just before the ball gets past the o-line

Anyone else have this problem and how do you defend the pass well for people who use the other camera angles. I got chewed up for almost 400 yards passing. I figure that they just had a great game but I guess I just wish they would allow this camera in domed stadiums.

Anyone know if this is a limitation of the engine in that if they used that view would you only see the top of the roof? Or is this just something the programmers put in like not having commentary during non-televised games.

Any thoughts or wisdom on this? I know this happened in last years version also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 10:05 PM   #2
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Overhead view Questions

I'll sometimes play with this view, but I haven't noticed the dome stadium issue. Speaking of cameras, I don't like how you can't zoom the instant replay camera out to get a birdseye view of the play. In NCAA 2002 and Madden you can zoome the instant replay camera out high above the field. In NCAA 2004 you can't do that. On the goaline you can't zoom the camera out at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »