Home

NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 Sent to Microsoft and Sony

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 Sent to Microsoft and Sony within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 Sent to Microsoft and Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Same here.
got rid of the game and got madden 12.

too many issues. Tendencies not working, overall player attributes were just completely screwed up (mainly blocking and AWR attributes, and then defenders had unrealistic agility and acceleration, to go with out of this world jumping and pursuit atts), and just too many other things that were bad.

Maybe one year, EA will work on making the gameplay better instead of adding more visuals. A tip: College football's heart and soul is the option, the blocking assignments are very different than those of say a power game, which are different from those of a spread attack, which are different than those of an air raid game.

As long as players have unrealistic attributes, you can't run an option game. Option blocking is a lot of cut blocks, which never happened until I used skillz' roster edits. You can't run the option when a 63OVR player, with 87 agility, 89 acceleration, 83 play recognition, and 84 pursuit (his AWR is 43) instantly reads option and sheds the blocks or the CB who should be dropping into a cover 3 zone, instantly, at the snap of the ball crashes into the backfield.

And I didn't even touch on the lead blocking from the FB which is a farce.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #74
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
What this says to me, is that they really don't know what has jacked their game code up so badly.

They know, that we know, that when they tinker with one area of code, they usually alter another area (mainly negatively).

So for them to have to have to go through Microsoft/Sony certification process, that usually means some serious code had to be altered (unless I'm missing something)

They hyped up their Tuner Process as their "New Technology" that would allow them to adjust/fix/correct game issues to improve their game and prevent these lengthy delays.

Why couln't this be Tuned instead of going through a long Patch Certification process?

No-huddle seems more like a "Gameplay" issue that a Tuner should be able to fix/correct.

So the fact that they have to go through certification "Again" for what seems like a gameplay issue, again says to me that they really don't know what's causing their code to go hay-wire.

Last year they dropped a Tuner in October that had many deleting it because of the negative effects that made other areas worse, then they dissappeared until it was time to hype next year's game.

This is the 2nd year in a row the community will get dropped like a bad habit after this Title Update.
This is what happend last year.

The one thing that we do know is that they are consistant!

Just not in a direction most gamer's look for them to be going in!

Come Hype Time around February/March 2012, we'll find out who learned their lesson!!!
all retail games, game update, DLC, etc... for 360/PS3 has to go through MS/Sony Certification process before being released. Tuners are released through EA servers(and not MS/Sony), so it apparently can bypass the process. not really sure on the details why it can though, I guess the same reason why roster updates don't need to either.

as for the tuners, I don't believe they are used to change the games' actual code, it's only 'tunes' or slightly alters them. so they wouldn't be able to fix glitches with them(like the no-huddle glitch), but they could change the effect of certain things in the game(progression, recruit templates, etc..).

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 09-29-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I hear ya. I guess the point of my rambling was this "but they could change the effect of certain things in the game(progression, recruit templates, etc..)".
Just like last year, they threw the use of Tuners out there giving us the perception that your noted issues and the etc's... could/would be done if there were things the "Community" felt needed adjustments.

Heck, they even marketed us with Tuners from Demo feedback to get a glimps at possible sales through Demo Downloads.

We all know how many feedback post were done and how many Tuners came out of that!!!

I just believe we as a community need to call them out on the usage of Tuners for this game, especially with how their other sports games have supplied those gamers with more frequent usage, but we can't because of TOS rules here.

For the life of me, I can't understand why they "REFUSE" to use a Tuner to adjust player ratings to the levels that GotMadSkillz and Playmakers testing have proven to improve gameplay areas that the Community is still begging for them to fix.

Folks have found fixes or improvements for them and this feedback for another year, falls on deaf ears.

I wish I knew how to do a Poll Thread, so they can see the numbers concerning gamers time spent tweaking/adjusting vs actual playing their game.
(Not that it would matter because they got our money)

Again, I know this is a Title Update Thread, but what's really the purpose with so many things still hanging out there.

I'm just arrived to the point were I really look forward to the day when another developer can/will bring the gaming community an alternative College Football game.

We have simply come to this destination.
End of Story!!!

Last edited by khaliib; 09-29-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #76
Rookie

stigs007's Arena

OVR: 0

I just want to know what they're doing about the tendenancy bug. The fact that it's not being fixed in patch 3 worries me it won't get fixed period.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 22

Probably isnt going to get fixed...my ncaa 12 is scratched and wont play...im a happy man.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #78
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigs007
I just want to know what they're doing about the tendenancy bug. The fact that it's not being fixed in patch 3 worries me it won't get fixed period.
I got a response from EA about this.

"I received word back from the studio today regarding your question about the tendency bug, and wanted to provide this information to you (listed below).

· Is the player “tendency” bug being addressed within the upcoming patch? The previous patch fixed the problem with your initial edited rosters, but if you play the dynasty mode, all the tendencies for incoming recruits still are reversed.

o The player tendency bug in Online Dynasty mode will not be addressed in title update #3. Going into the “Team Management>Edit Roster” section and then editing an individual player by changing any piece of equipment will manually reset to the proper player tendency.

I hope this provides clarity on this matter, and please let me know if I can do anything else."

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 09-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #79
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant

" The player tendency bug in Online Dynasty mode will not be addressed in title update #3. Going into the “Team Management>Edit Roster” section and then editing an individual player by changing any piece of equipment will manually reset to the proper player tendency.

I hope this provides clarity on this matter, and please let me know if I can do anything else."
You have got to be flippn kidding me!! This has been without a doubt the biggest disaster of a game release I have ever experienced. A quarter of the way into the college football season and I STILL haven't started a dynasty. If this issue is not address the game is ... already is ... but even more worthless.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #80
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
You have got to be flippn kidding me!! This has been without a doubt the biggest disaster of a game release I have ever experienced. A quarter of the way into the college football season and I STILL haven't started a dynasty. If this issue is not address the game is ... already is ... but even more worthless.
It's not all bad, you only have to edit 70 players for the 12 teams you play in a year, 840 edits a season for it to correct itself.

<--- See that's all of us at OS.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »