Home

Ratings Discussion: Insight from EA?

This is a discussion on Ratings Discussion: Insight from EA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Ratings Discussion: Insight from EA?

Whats up guys!

I have been doing a lot of moving players around on my team and really looking at ratings. Now I have soooo many questions about these ratings and wish with all my heart that one of EA's devs would supply us some insight into what these ratings effect or do.

For example lets look at these two centers.

Andre Huval - Junior - 76 Overall
Daniel Lemelle - Junior - 63 Overall

Most people would start Huval without even looking at ratings based on his overall being much higher. But once you get into the ratings you start to question this.

Andre Huval...........................Daniel Lemelle
63 speed..................................51 speed
68 awareness............................69 awareness
75 pass block............................84 pass block
76 run block..............................84 run block
76 impact block.........................76 impact block
72 PBS.....................................70 PBS
75 PBF.....................................59 PBF
74 RBS.....................................73 RBS
74 RBF.....................................58 RBF

So as you can see Lemelle has the lower overall but has much better blocking ratings and even better awareness. His knock on him is lack of speed and poor blocking footwork.

So my question would be, does blocking footwork lead to more holding calls?

What does Awareness do? What is the difference for a linebackers awareness rating and play recognition? How does it change what they do on the field?

Do low awareness lead to more penalties? Does pursuit rating effect angle of pursuit? If so then how does awareness effect them?

What is the difference between a 30 rated route running and a 99 route running? How does awareness effect these WRs?

Basically what I am getting at it is hard to set your depth chart and assess who to start based around the fact we have no idea what these ratings do!

Is there anyway EA could do a blog to discuss what the ratings effect and how you can see these effects?

Awareness = What does it affect?
Agility = Can you notice difference from 30 agility to 99?
Break tackle vs Elusiveness = What is the difference from these two?
Block ratings, Footwork, and strength = What does strength and footwork effect? How do these tied into block rating?
Juke rating = Can you really see difference from a 60 rated juke and a 89 rated juke? Because I can't!

For the people that say....."it is obvious higher juke means he can juke wider!" Well I want to know the difference between these ratings.

60 Spin rating = .30 spin speed with .5 spin radius
90 spin rating = .12 spin speed with 1.5 spin radius

41 hit power = what????
89 hit power = just bigger hits??? More fumbles or is that only the carry ratings in effect?

79 release = .15 WR to get off line
90 release = .06 WR to get off line

50 Jump = how high???
99 jump = ?????

I could keep going but this is all the different things I can't stop wondering HOW do these effect the gameplay? Because honestly there are several I don't notice anything different from a 30 rating to a 90 rating.

Last edited by Phobia; 09-28-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Ratings Discussion: Insight from EA

Yes, people with lower jukes juke much much slower. Break tackle is for teams that want to pound the ball, you can see players who has a high break tackle rating well, breaking tackes. Awarness is how smart your player is, and how quickly they react to stuff. If I fumble, players with high awarness will notice that, and react.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Yes, people with lower jukes juke much much slower. Break tackle is for teams that want to pound the ball, you can see players who has a high break tackle rating well, breaking tackes. Awarness is how smart your player is, and how quickly they react to stuff. If I fumble, players with high awarness will notice that, and react.
So whats the difference between Break tackle & Elusiveness? They both lead to a broken tackle? Or does elusiveness cause defenders to have their "ankles broken" more? Or does this happen in relation to how high the juke rating is?

Another words we can all speculate what these ratings do based on the "word" but the simple fact is we have no evidence of 90% of these ratings. Video evidence showing the differences would be really nice.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Great questons. By the way you'll never get an answer.

Other than that what I want to know is why are there so many ratings, most of them meaningless?

Why does every single player have a full set of ratings? Why do I care how well my offensive lineman's pass strength and pass accuracy are.

It would help to edit ratings a little easier if I didn't have to scroll through so many ratings.

Why can't I see what the overall rating of the player is when I'm editing a rating at the bottom of the page? I have to continue to scroll to the top of the page. Damnit!

I hate and love this game.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
MVP

Yea, thats correct about break tackles and elusiveness......i would give a better explenation of it..but im on my droid, and this touch screen keyboard is too much..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
Great questons. By the way you'll never get an answer.

Other than that what I want to know is why are there so many ratings, most of them meaningless?

Why does every single player have a full set of ratings? Why do I care how well my offensive lineman's pass strength and pass accuracy are.

It would help to edit ratings a little easier if I didn't have to scroll through so many ratings.

Why can't I see what the overall rating of the player is when I'm editing a rating at the bottom of the page? I have to continue to scroll to the top of the page. Damnit!

I hate and love this game.
Hell it would help managing your depth chart easier if I did not have to scroll through dozens of meaningless ratings for my O-line just to get to the block ratings. It is many many little things like this that need to be addressed.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Yea, thats correct about break tackles and elusiveness......i would give a better explenation of it..but im on my droid, and this touch screen keyboard is too much..
Ok give us a full break down on all the ratings and how they affect the game. I am interested
Old 09-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #8
MVP

Like I said, im.on my phone rigjt now, but id love to do that. Go create a qb with zero awarnesss, look at how clueless he looks on some plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »