Home

things that annoy me as d-coordinator

This is a discussion on things that annoy me as d-coordinator within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 13
things that annoy me as d-coordinator

It annoys me that no matter how much my defense does being interceptions or fumble recoveries, when the offense comes out they will run through the tackle again and again. 3rd down and 17-20 run the qb or run the ball when the obvious choice should be to throw it. Devs need to take more time for coaching. If my defense makes 4-5 turnovers with defensive touchdowns, it shouldnt be that I should be blamedfor the loss, it should be the offensive coordinator or head coach that could not produce points after turnovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: things that annoy me as d-coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
It annoys me that no matter how much my defense does being interceptions or fumble recoveries, when the offense comes out they will run through the tackle again and again. 3rd down and 17-20 run the qb or run the ball when the obvious choice should be to throw it. Devs need to take more time for coaching. If my defense makes 4-5 turnovers with defensive touchdowns, it shouldnt be that I should be blamedfor the loss, it should be the offensive coordinator or head coach that could not produce points after turnovers.
That is seriously difficult to read. On topic, I agree with your overall point that the playcalling on the part of the ai leaves a lot to be desired. Regarding blame, when you lose to a lower ranked team if you look at the coaching contracts for the OC and HC they indeed do get penalties on their contracts as well.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperscout75
That is seriously difficult to read. On topic, I agree with your overall point that the playcalling on the part of the ai leaves a lot to be desired. Regarding blame, when you lose to a lower ranked team if you look at the coaching contracts for the OC and HC they indeed do get penalties on their contracts as well.
Not sure what part you found difficult to read. I didn;t have any problems with it. Onto the topic. I also find it frustrating when the play calls in long yardage are 90% of the time half back dives or qb scrambles. I also hate that you get penalties if the offence is lousy even though the defence was what kept the game close.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
Rookie

I had a game as Ackron and the only time a td was scored was on defense. All offense did was throw turnovers and run on 3rd and long. We lost that game because of lack of offensive scores and turnovers. This should be the offensive coordinators fault not defensive. I hat it when it tells me to rethink playbook or something close when my drfense had like 4 turnovers and kept the opposing offense down.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Crazy thing about that year with Ackron was that we had a 80s ranked qb and a decent HB and yet he still wouldnt throw worth a flip. And on running we'd almost always run backwards and theyd still try to run when obviously it wasnt working.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »