Home

I would love for NCAA to come out on PC... And I'm not a PC gamer

This is a discussion on I would love for NCAA to come out on PC... And I'm not a PC gamer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I would love for NCAA to come out on PC... And I'm not a PC gamer

I was playing this game and I was thinking I bet the PC community could fix a lot of the problems we're dealing. I bet the could fix progression issues, custom playbook, custom conference problems because a lot of them make video games. Could this be the reason EA doesn't want to put it on PC?!?! Would they be scared they would be outdone? I wanna learn how to make games and write game code so if anyone knows somewhere I can go I would much appreciate it.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: I would love for NCAA to come out on PC... And I'm not a PC gamer

Won't happen. There's more profit to be made with console games, PC gaming is much stronger in Europe than in the US, but then, there's really not much of a market here for american football games. I mean Madden is at best a niche title most people don't even know over here, NCAA doesn't even get released in Europe because of those few who care about american football at all, only a fraction cares for college football.

That's why you get FIFA on the PC, but not Madden, and definitely not NCAA.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:07 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Won't happen. There's more profit to be made with console games, PC gaming is much stronger in Europe than in the US, but then, there's really not much of a market here for american football games. I mean Madden is at best a niche title most people don't even know over here, NCAA doesn't even get released in Europe because of those few who care about american football at all, only a fraction cares for college football.

That's why you get FIFA on the PC, but not Madden, and definitely not NCAA.
Bull ****

Tell me. If there "isn't a market" for these games on PC in the US, then why exactly does 2k release MLB and NBA 2K on the PC for TWENTY DOLLARS?
Old 10-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #4
MVP

prowler's Arena

I don't see this thread lasting very long but in response to the OP's original statement, Madden PC was notoriously difficult to mod; the files weren't very open source friendly. The mods that were created, at least early on, only fixed minor issues and in some cases added features to the PC version that for whatever reason weren't ported over from the console version (The injury slider immediately comes to mind).

I could see a PC mod fixing the tendency bug as it could be as simple as a global edit that adds +/- 1 to a stat of every player in game and forces tendencies to update. But some of the major mods took years to integrate and only existed because EA abandoned the PC version in 2007 (Madden 08), leaving them no choice but to build off of it.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
Tell me. If there "isn't a market" for these games on PC in the US, then why exactly does 2k release MLB and NBA 2K on the PC for TWENTY DOLLARS?
NBA is HUGE compared to the NFL in europe, so there's a lot more market here for NBA2k than for Madden or NCAA. Can't say about MLB, since I don't know much about the market philosophy and inner workings of 2k. But EA consciously made the decision to move away from the PC and I can't see why in the world they'd move back since obviously, they seem to be content with the results and I don't see any kind of massive breakdown in the console sports game market.

To make it clear, by "there isn't a market" I don't mean there are zero people who would buy this game, simply not enough to be worth the effort for EA to make a PC version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 13

Or simply, they just dont want to take the time to make it for PC. I mean look at NCAA12 bug fest and ask yourself how much effort they try. If 2k were around in football theyd probably take the mantle in football because of the constantly terrible games they put out every year.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I hate to say it, but piracy is an issue as well
Old 10-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
MVP

prowler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I hate to say it, but piracy is an issue as well
Right, because it's so difficult to pirate games on the XBox and PS3.

Piracy is a scapegoat developers use to explain poor sales. The reality is people who pirate games usually had minimal interest in the game to begin with and downloaded it only because they could. Besides EA has Origin now, their own knockoff version of Steam. And if it works anything like Steam in terms of DRM it'll be piracy kryptonite.

Someone posted it earlier; the real issue is EA not wanting to take time to port the game over to the PC considering the console version is such a mess to begin with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »