Home

Just put in NCAA 11

This is a discussion on Just put in NCAA 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #9
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Just put in NCAA 11

I simply don't have that problem. I have yet to see a serious "super LB" problem in '12. 09-11 played like no other game in NCAA/Madden history.

No defense = no fun.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Other than better zone, custom conferences, and coaching carousel I thought '11 was better in every way...12 felt like a step backwards
Old 10-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
I simply don't have that problem. I have yet to see a serious "super LB" problem in '12. 09-11 played like no other game in NCAA/Madden history.

No defense = no fun.
You have NEVER seen a super LB? I find that almost impossible? Come on...just because you like an unrealistic game where the QB goes 8-18 and your only option is to run 45 times doesn't mean it isn't broken.

There needs to be a balance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mra85a
You have NEVER seen a super LB? I find that almost impossible? Come on...just because you like an unrealistic game where the QB goes 8-18 and your only option is to run 45 times doesn't mean it isn't broken.

There needs to be a balance.
And BTW, true life NCAA football is an offensive minded game. It is why you see games all the time like the 36-35 KSU Baylor game today, or the 42-38 Arkansas win. The 17-13 games in college are fairly rare actually...

Madden, IMO, should be the defensive game, because that is what the NFL is all about.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mra85a
And BTW, true life NCAA football is an offensive minded game. It is why you see games all the time like the 36-35 KSU Baylor game today, or the 42-38 Arkansas win. The 17-13 games in college are fairly rare actually...

Madden, IMO, should be the defensive game, because that is what the NFL is all about.
You should really actually look at scores before pulling a couple of examples that fit what you want. Just yesterday alone: 24-10, 16-10, 19-16, 17-10, 17-13, 10-7, 16-13, 21-20, 23-3. I wouldn't call any of those offensive-minded.

And I don't see Super LB's much if at all. A lot of what people want to call super LB is them throwing the ball right in the path of the LB and he knocks it down, but because they hear people moan about super LB all the time, they assume no LB can play defense and therefore they are seeing something that shouldn't be happening. They do happen, but nowhere near as often as people want to think.

And on the topic of NCAA 11: I played 3 games, never touched it again, and later traded it in. I played that many games on 12 in the first day alone. Sure, 12 needs work, but 11 just didn't play well.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #14
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
You can live with not being able to play zone? That's pretty huge.
I did. Man up!!! I LOVED that game.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 3

Still playing '11 and having fun, especially w/ gameplay roster edits. Love not having to worry about a freeze in gameplay, etc. Also, started using the Player Lock cam on D and that has opened up a whole new world for me in this game. Plus, there's always Playmakers Alumni Rosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #16
Rookie

king8838's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Still playing '11 and having fun, especially w/ gameplay roster edits. Love not having to worry about a freeze in gameplay, etc. Also, started using the Player Lock cam on D and that has opened up a whole new world for me in this game. Plus, there's always Playmakers Alumni Rosters
What is playmakers alumni rosters??? Sounds pretty cool
Psalm 118:17 "I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the LORD has done."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »