Home

Just put in NCAA 11

This is a discussion on Just put in NCAA 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #25
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
12 is the better game, 11 is the better value. Why buy 12 when it's not worth an extra 45-50 u'll save by buying 11 instead?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #26
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Just put in NCAA 11

IDK I have continued playing NCAA 11 dynasty I actually own 12 but have continued playing 11 it feels better to me. I am running as Toledo and sitting 7-0 after pulling a major upset beating Boise State at home 34-21 I love this game

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
You cannot justify it. Zone coverage works in college football.

I know you guys are just trolling when you say 11 is better than 12, lol. But I felt compelled to reply anyway.
LMAO!

SO if someone thinks 11 is better than 12 they are trolling

Yet if you think 12 is better than 11 it's not considered trolling?

All you've done is bash NCAA 11 just because you didn't enjoy it...

Well get this there are tons of guys who actually enjoyed the game and just because you didn't like it doesn't mean no one else couldn't or shouldn't

Get off your high horse and let these guys enjoy the game...why does it matter to you if they enjoyed a game you didn't enjoy it's not like they are asking you to go back and play NCAA 11

If zone defense is the only reason why you feel NCAA 12 is the better game than so be it we all get it you like the zone defense in NCAA 12

Personally it doesn't matter becuase that Zone defense still doesn't stop the HUman player from scoring at will on vertical plays so how much did it really improve the game?

Both versions have flaws IMO and until EA learns how to actually test gameplay this series will continue to have flaws

For those enjoy NCAA 11 i say keep playing it (i play it myself a lot with edited rosters) for those who prefer NCAA 12 keep playing it

Neither game is perfect and it comes down to USER preference

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #28
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

if you havent bought NCAA 12 by now then don't buy it. You aren't missing THAT much to where you NEED to have this game. I do enjoy NCAA 12 over 11 because of the custom conferences but the game does have a lot of flaws.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #29
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
LMAO!

SO if someone thinks 11 is better than 12 they are trolling

Yet if you think 12 is better than 11 it's not considered trolling?

All you've done is bash NCAA 11 just because you didn't enjoy it...

Well get this there are tons of guys who actually enjoyed the game and just because you didn't like it doesn't mean no one else couldn't or shouldn't

Get off your high horse and let these guys enjoy the game...why does it matter to you if they enjoyed a game you didn't enjoy it's not like they are asking you to go back and play NCAA 11

If zone defense is the only reason why you feel NCAA 12 is the better game than so be it we all get it you like the zone defense in NCAA 12

Personally it doesn't matter becuase that Zone defense still doesn't stop the HUman player from scoring at will on vertical plays so how much did it really improve the game?

Both versions have flaws IMO and until EA learns how to actually test gameplay this series will continue to have flaws

For those enjoy NCAA 11 i say keep playing it (i play it myself a lot with edited rosters) for those who prefer NCAA 12 keep playing it

Neither game is perfect and it comes down to USER preference

Old 10-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2
Location: The god blessed US of A! Wanna know more, ask and find out!

I must agree, I have been playing the NCAA Football and Madden series since the 06 versions. Although they didnt put it out for PS2, I have tried NCAA 12 on P3 at a friends place. I would agree NCAA 11 is the best of the series, I think they tried going above and beyond for 12 in options and sacrificed gameplay.
I also must admit I havent experienced the issues others have mentioned here. The zone coverage is tough with teams who have the talent. For instance, #1 Alabama really gave me a headache when trying to pass. Their zone suffocated my recievers and made my QB look like he was shootin skeet. However in playing The Army, I rebounded with 213 yards and 3 TD's through the air.
The one thing I can say I dont like about 2011 is for some reason recruiting is still the same old song and dance. It would be nice to see some updates, such as meeting with the recruit's family and having to figure out how to convince both the recruit and family, seeing more stats from the recruit's HS career or even having various scouts who are better than others as well as coaching staff. Another change I was hoping for was to have defensive and offensive assignments.
Like assigning a certain D back to a certain reciever, Linebacker to key on a certain back etc. But all in all, I must say NCAA 2011 is the best and I wish they had released it for PS2.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2
Location: The god blessed US of A! Wanna know more, ask and find out!
NCAA 11 Dynasty Idea

Seeing as how we seem to have a few NCAA Football 11 enthusiasts, what would you guys think of starting a dynasty thread and follow each other's progress from the first day of camp? I tried doin this in the other threads and nobody seemed interested, seeing as how most are wrapped up in 12. Let me know what you guys think.

NCAA Football 11 via PS2

Dynasty Team: Hawaii Warriors (Yes I can hear you snickering! lol)

Aloha Stadium Honolulu, HI.

Western Athletic Conference

Head Coach: Jason Oestreich (Ay-strike) 1st Year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #32
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

In terms of dynasty, NCAA 11 was one of the worst NCAA's.

Every team bad by year four, Alabama a near lock to win the NC for the first three years before the talent disappeared from football. I'm a dynasty player and 12 is leagues ahead of 11 in that department. On the field, it's similar, but that pump fake glitch pretty much shelved NCAA for the last time for me last year. Not to mention, finishing outside the top 100 pass defenses was considered extraordinary. I would have sub-par teams passing all over my defense using all kinds of coverages and such, it wasn't a horrible game, but 12 is better than 11. Bugs and all.

But if you haven't bought a NCAA game yet, you would either want to skip or as others said, pick up 11, just to save some $$, it isn't that much of an improvement. (Thanks to all the bugs).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »