Home

Calling all cornhusker fan!!

This is a discussion on Calling all cornhusker fan!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #9
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Calling all cornhusker fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
You're not going to find a default playbook that has what we are running this year. And frankly, trying to run what we are doing this year on the game will result in failure. The read option out of the Pistol doesn't work. If you're still determined to use it and replicate the offensive completely, you have to go custom. All the default books that are half pistol and half something else are either half pistol-half shotgun or half pistol-half ace. Neither of which help.

I've made about 8 custom playbooks without any big problems, the key is looking for playbooks that have the least amount of frozen formations (formations it does not allow you to remove), or has frozen formations that you would have used regardless, making it a moot point.

If you want to do what Nebraska is running, I'd recommend starting a CPB with Virginia Tech's playbook. Assign all audibles to goal line, then remove all shotgun formations (it should get rid of all of them). Then make sure you have I Tight, I Twins, I Normal in I formation. I'd also add I Slot. We haven't run it yet this year, but it was a staple of Osborne's old offense and a ton of stuff we are running is right out of that (the toss we run is 41-49 Pitch and was copied directly from Osborne). Plus I Slot is just a great formation in the game.

In Ace, just do a few basic things like Big, Normal and maybe a few of the twin TE formations since we run that a bit.

In Pistol, Slot and Spread are the two big ones, but I'd also add Ace, Y Trips, Twin TE Slot and Full House.

I'd also add an Empty Shotgun formation, since we run that from time to time.

Again, you won't find a default playbook to replicate what we are doing, but I wouldn't attempt to replicate what we are doing on the game. Pistol is not good for option and we run a ton of it out of there. If you wanted to do something that was more of an interpretation of the offense, running the same concepts but not necessarily out of the same formations, you could use the Shotgun Wing formations as a replacement for the Pistol. It is much easier to run read option out of there and there are both quality runs and passes.

Let me know if you need any more help.
I will have to try that. I noticed the I-form tight was gone and you couldn't edit any of the plays in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
I dunno; Wisconsin's Playbook looked pretty good Saturday night.
Sorry, couldnt resist
Big HUSKER fan. Beat Ohio State...OSU, Over-Rated State University, known for having an over active superiority complex.
Ant that the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd689
First off, edit Taylors carry rating to a 10 and accuracy to a 10. Then don't worry about the rest of the playbook because it won't matter.
LOL
Old 10-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntom2000
I will have to try that. I noticed the I-form tight was gone and you couldn't edit any of the plays in it.
Yeah I hated when they removed I Tight. If you use Virginia Tech as a base, you would have I-Tight but with no option plays. Only a few playbooks have option in I Tight, Wake Forest and Air Force being two of them.

I had to decide if not having option in I Tight was a viable sacrifice, which it was. I can run it out of all my other I formations and it works quite well.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 3

Man I wish there was a Sub-Forum dedicated to Strategy. There are a ton of great styles and gameplanning that just seems to get lost in the mix on this main forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #12
Rookie

sebastiancane's Arena

OVR: 1

The Huskers have an offense?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastiancane
A top 10 rushing offense...
Old 10-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I keep getting all these Huskers mixed up... For a second I thought it was all just on eguy, then realized they all just use the same logo...
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastiancane
Yah one that had no problem dropping 48 on Kansas St last time we met with what many consider a worse offense than this year. How did your canes fare against K-State?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »