Home

More Tackles

This is a discussion on More Tackles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2003, 05:05 PM   #1
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
More Tackles

well like always i decided to start another dynasty. seems i get bored or always find a different team i never thought of using before to play with. this time its Wyoming. i figure they would be a challenge since they have a couple good teams in the Mountain West. just a quick run through of my season so far. i'm 2-2. i beat Montana State and Kansas and lost to Oklahoma St. and Air Force. i could have easily beat AF but costly INTs and fumbles hurt. i think i had to red zone INTs. part of it was that my WRs didn't break at the right place or they would go the wrong way. anyways my QB is awesome averaging 299.9 yards per game.

my problem though is defense. after 4 games my leading tackler has 9 TACKLES, my guy with the most sacks has 2 SACKS and i the guy with the most INTs on the team has 1 INT. this is pathetic. i know its Wyoming but geez shouldn't i have more than 9 tackles through 4 games. what should i do.

i play on 5 min quarters on all-american level. if i play more minutes i won't get games done before i go to work or i'd only be able to probably play like 1-2 a day. i want to get through a whole season this weekend because i have to work every single night next week and i'll have homework.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2003, 07:40 PM   #2
MVP

Jayhawk's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: More Tackles

I know this isn't what you want to hear but it really, really helps to up the quarter length.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Meatloaf86 said:
well like always i decided to start another dynasty. seems i get bored or always find a different team i never thought of using before to play with. this time its Wyoming. i figure they would be a challenge since they have a couple good teams in the Mountain West. just a quick run through of my season so far. i'm 2-2. i beat Montana State and Kansas and lost to Oklahoma St. and Air Force. i could have easily beat AF but costly INTs and fumbles hurt. i think i had to red zone INTs. part of it was that my WRs didn't break at the right place or they would go the wrong way. anyways my QB is awesome averaging 299.9 yards per game.

my problem though is defense. after 4 games my leading tackler has 9 TACKLES, my guy with the most sacks has 2 SACKS and i the guy with the most INTs on the team has 1 INT. this is pathetic. i know its Wyoming but geez shouldn't i have more than 9 tackles through 4 games. what should i do.

i play on 5 min quarters on all-american level. if i play more minutes i won't get games done before i go to work or i'd only be able to probably play like 1-2 a day. i want to get through a whole season this weekend because i have to work every single night next week and i'll have homework.

There is only one possible solution. You have to increase quarter length or your not going to get more tackles. I'm surprised you got nine tackles with a guy on five minutes. I play 11 minute quarters and my stats for everything are grat and realistic.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:35 PM   #4
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

well its kind of weird because when i played Air Force they had a guy with 8 tackles in one game. my leading tackler now after 5 games has 11.

it sucks but i guess i'll have to live with it.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:04 PM   #5
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Meatloaf86 said:
well its kind of weird because when i played Air Force they had a guy with 8 tackles in one game. my leading tackler now after 5 games has 11.
it sucks but i guess i'll have to live with it.

I guess you're a better person than me because averaging 2 tackles a game would not cut it for me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2003, 11:41 PM   #6
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

i just started another dynasty with Alabama and played the first game against USF and won 35-14 but again there leading tackler had 7 and my leading tackler had a whomping 4. oh well. i'll be fine.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Another option is to place your tacklers on special teams. Put the guys you want to get tackles on kickoff, kick the ball to their side of the field. Do the same for punts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »