Home

Conference Prestige Really Static? Can Someone Confirm?

This is a discussion on Conference Prestige Really Static? Can Someone Confirm? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
LFK
Rookie

OVR: 0
Conference Prestige Really Static? Can Someone Confirm?

Hey Guys,

Sorry to make a thread about this, but I've read through all the previous ones I can find and I'm not really seeing one solid answer to the question.

I've read where some claim that conference prestige doesn't change no matter what you do, then some claim it does depending on how well the conference performs across the board.

I recently expanded the Big East, which started out as a B rating. I left all current teams in, and added TCU, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, and Ohio St. All have strong school prestige and generally perform well during the course of the season. The conference prestige didn't change a bit.

Is it really static and never changes, or does adding more schools with higher prestige, and booting out the ones with lower make a difference?

I'm trying to turn the Big East into a big time league to make recruiting a little easier, but not getting any where yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Conference Prestige Really Static? Can Someone Confirm?

Yea conference prestige doesnt change at all. Doesn't matter who you put in your conference. Hopefully itll change for next year.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

There are a few pitches that don't change, Conference Prestige and Campus Lifestyle are two of them.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
LFK
Rookie

Crap.

So stupid for them to give us the ability to change any conference, but not reap any real reward. Playing 6 or 7 ranked conference teams doesn't really mean a whole lot if recruits still think your league sucks.

I guess I'll just move my team to the SEC and play around with that. One of the reasons I didn't do that to begin with is because I hate the fact that I'll still see the Big East logo on my field despite being in another conference. Yea, I'm OCD on some things.

Thanks for clarifying, Guys.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFK
I hate the fact that I'll still see the Big East logo on my field despite being in another conference. Yea, I'm OCD on some things
Conference logos on the field do change with your conference. Conference patches on the uniform do not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
LFK
Rookie

Oh really?

I must be thinking of one of the older versions of the game. I just assumed that carried over to this one. I'll definitely try it now.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

I have seen conference prestige change twice:

Independent goes from A to D between first and second year. This is an acknowledged bug.

I saw the Big East go from B to B+ after the Big East won the National Championship two years in a row. However, that was only during off season recruiting. Once the new season started, it was back to being a B.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
I have seen conference prestige change twice:

Independent goes from A to D between first and second year. This is an acknowledged bug.

I saw the Big East go from B to B+ after the Big East won the National Championship two years in a row. However, that was only during off season recruiting. Once the new season started, it was back to being a B.
Independents are D right from the start but ND's is locked at A no matter where you move them. Other teams get whatever the prestige of their new conference is when you move them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »