Home

Scheduling Visit and Losing Game

This is a discussion on Scheduling Visit and Losing Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2011, 02:02 AM   #1
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Scheduling Visit and Losing Game

Does losing a game you bring a recruit to dramatically lower the grade you get on the visit?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Scheduling Visit and Losing Game

yeah it brings it to like a (c-) to a (c+)
Old 10-09-2011, 04:59 AM   #3
Rookie

B1GRED's Arena

OVR: 0

I would like to know this as well. Should I give the 3 visit options based on what my school is best at, or what the recruit wants? Why is there a green bar, white bar, or red bar by my pitch?

Actually, the NCAA team should release the math behind what each of the recruiting options mean. I'm tired of being -60 points behind then get 300 points during a call and then being -1 the next week.

Also, I never understood why you could try to change a recruits thoughts on a pitch, but it's always positive? Why can't we downplay the other teams strengths and recruit someone on our own teams strengths?

I think recruiting needs an overhaul. I just don't understand how I can gain 366 points for a visit and then see that I'm still 100 points behind? Why can't I be 68 points back? 32 points?

The math.round function seems flawed and I think they need to move a "Create-a-Stupid-Mode" Programmer to this issue. I know it's a bit of a rant. Please forgive me, but it's just stale. I need a new way to recruit that makes sense.

Currently, I add 15-20 players to my board based on their interest. I initially use 30 minutes per player to offer a Scholarship and then use the next 20 minutes to find pitch interests. After this, I slowly change my time delegation based on the recruits interest (ie. 10 mins for a 1st place recruit with over a 300 point lead, 60 mins for a 3rd place recruit with whatever the difference).

This usually lands me every recruit I want. Sometimes I downplay another team, but I have no idea if it helps. I make promises here and there, but I wouldn't say that recruiting keeps me enthralled. This would really help if I knew what factored into each of the recruiting options and how they helped me to secure the proper recruits.

Are there any tips?
Old 10-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #4
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
Green = they like and your good at
White = they like and your ok at
Red = your bad at

Use the greens.

As far as initial recruiting I tend to have only up to 14 on my initial board. The reasoning is if I get randomly selected for a 2x week then the game randomly selects 3 from your board to give 2x to. It thus increases the chances of ea selecting someone you really want as opposed to if you had 20 on your board.

Generally from that 14 I'd have 4+ who had me #1 and I'd give them 40 mins with a scholly offer right away. Sometimes you can get 3+ insta commits and then spend the remaining time on the others.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #5
Rookie

VegasCSURam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GRED
I would like to know this as well. Should I give the 3 visit options based on what my school is best at, or what the recruit wants? Why is there a green bar, white bar, or red bar by my pitch?

Actually, the NCAA team should release the math behind what each of the recruiting options mean. I'm tired of being -60 points behind then get 300 points during a call and then being -1 the next week.

Also, I never understood why you could try to change a recruits thoughts on a pitch, but it's always positive? Why can't we downplay the other teams strengths and recruit someone on our own teams strengths?

I think recruiting needs an overhaul. I just don't understand how I can gain 366 points for a visit and then see that I'm still 100 points behind? Why can't I be 68 points back? 32 points?

The math.round function seems flawed and I think they need to move a "Create-a-Stupid-Mode" Programmer to this issue. I know it's a bit of a rant. Please forgive me, but it's just stale. I need a new way to recruit that makes sense.

Currently, I add 15-20 players to my board based on their interest. I initially use 30 minutes per player to offer a Scholarship and then use the next 20 minutes to find pitch interests. After this, I slowly change my time delegation based on the recruits interest (ie. 10 mins for a 1st place recruit with over a 300 point lead, 60 mins for a 3rd place recruit with whatever the difference).

This usually lands me every recruit I want. Sometimes I downplay another team, but I have no idea if it helps. I make promises here and there, but I wouldn't say that recruiting keeps me enthralled. This would really help if I knew what factored into each of the recruiting options and how they helped me to secure the proper recruits.

Are there any tips?
The others schools are still recruiting too, so if you have a 300 point call, and next week haven't made much progress, then I'd imagine the other teams had a 300 point call too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GRED
Green bars are both what your school is best at and what the recruit likes. Go for them. If you don't have any, pick a balance of what the school is good at and what the guy likes. White bars mean the recruit likes it and you're OK at it (c-B range) and Red bars mean you have a D/D+ in a pitch and the recruit likes that pitch. Avoid them.

The team you're behind gets to recruit, too.

Because it wouldn't help you based on the way the system works, unfortunately.

The game rounds to the nearest multiple of 10, I believe.

This way does make sense...

Downplaying is only useful if you're close (Within 100 points ahead or behind) the other team, IMO. Otherwise I simple use pitch/sway.

Are there any tips?
I don't think recruiting needs an overhaul, just a few changes.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
Rookie

There is a time saver that you can buy that allows you to see how much time other teams are using and what players are being called. If your 300 points behind Notre Dame and you get a 500 point call, the next week you could still be 200 points behind even if they didn't call that recruit at all. The only thing that could possibly make sense is that you also get points every week that don't have anything to do with a call. This would also explain how you could be #1 on someone's board in week 8 even though you have never called them. I think that the system makes no sense what-so-ever when you look at the math but the system works really well. In real life, recruiting isn't math based (unless your talking about $$$ lol) and a player can change his mind about going to a school at the very last minute for reasons known only to him.

Besides, if they tried to completely overhaul the recruiting then it would probably take 9 patches to get it to work anyway.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
The CPU typically spends 50mins on recruits they want FYI. Save money and don't buy the time saver.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »