Home

has illegal touching ever been in this series?

This is a discussion on has illegal touching ever been in this series? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: has illegal touching ever been in this series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
The penalties part of this game is outdated. Clipping? Yeah, it's still in the game of football. But it's called illegal block in the back! Same thing, just a change in the name of the penalty.

The penalty aspect of the game needs a rebuild. I'm not suprised it hasn't been touched in years. Penalties are part of gameplay and a gameplay overhaul is a much needed commodity with this game.

Penalties not in the game:

Pass Interference (It's in the game but it's not so I'll start off with this)
Illegal man downfield
Tripping
Defensive Holding (Automatic first down)
Illegal Touching
Chop Block (block below the waste or while a defensive player is already engaged)
Unsportsmanlike conduct (taunting)
Personal foul (Spearing, late hit out of bounds)

Others: Don't see why they need to be in the game because they're pre-snap

Illegal motion
Illegal procedure
Illegal shift
Illegal substitution

Ouch lol in regards to the spearing, thatd hurt my safety sine he does that a lot
Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: has illegal touching ever been in this series?

I imagine the NCAA told them to take late hits and the celebration personal fouls out.

Illegal forward pass I don't think I've ever seen either. I used to have some option pitches go forward after I had crossed the LOS back on 04 or so and it was never called.

Illegal formation is a common penalty these days, it would nice to see them get that, maybe a WR with low awareness might line up wrong and maybe there would be an audible type button we could hit to have the QB yell at him to line up properly or something.

I didn't play 05, but I've played every other one since 04, and I have seen pass interference maybe 3 times ever? I saw offensive interference one single time on 06. I basically won the game because of it. I was stunned. Seen defensive interference less than a handful of times, and I think at least 1 or 2 of those was me running into someone with a manually controlled defender.

I do remember illegal touching long ago. I thought it was on 06, maybe even as late as 07?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »