Home

Should I Buy This Game?

This is a discussion on Should I Buy This Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Should I Buy This Game?

Thanks for all the input guys. I asked this same question last year and had (perhaps surprisingly, I don't know) mostly negative responses, so I waited.

After everyone's input, I will be almost definitively buying this game before the month is out. Thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #26
Rookie

Buster6's Arena

OVR: 1

In a word... no.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanC
I asked this same question last year and had (perhaps surprisingly, I don't know) mostly negative responses, so I waited.
Don't be surprised. These forums tend to have a lot of the vocal "this game sucks, why isn't this game perfect, screw EA blah blah blah" demographic.

I mean, EA does (mostly) suck, but NCAA 11 and 12 have both been great games.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:46 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ckdabeast
Don't be surprised. These forums tend to have a lot of the vocal "this game sucks, why isn't this game perfect, screw EA blah blah blah" demographic.

I mean, EA does (mostly) suck, but NCAA 11 and 12 have both been great games.
I was almost about to buy this game anyway for this exact reason. Fanbases of games seem to favor the unpopular opinions. They'll bash to game to death on forums but continue to buy it every year and defend it with their lives anywhere outside of the internet, it seems. Even I fall victim to this pattern sometimes.

Anyway, I look to be enjoying this game pretty soon here. If you guys don't mind, I'd love a good set of coach mode and regular sliders, and a good roster download too. I'll surely do my own shopping once I buy it, but I'd be happy to check out one that has been recommended.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

i disagree Madden 12 is a better overall game than NCAA 12

I've tried enjoying NCAA 12 off and on with sliders and still haven't found that fun factor in this years game.

Madden 12 is flat out sick once you dial in on the sliders plus the players will actually have a style of play on the field and week to week the new DPP tendencies are awesome

I can't say that about NCAA 12....now granted you can tweak the ratings to get in NCAA 12 to play more towards player tendencies but right now it's just so much easier to pick up madden and the players already have tendencies that show up on the field

I really feel like last year Madden was all hype and I lost interest after about 2months and played NCAA 11 all year long

This year i think the roles have reversed....NCAA 12 has been all hype IMO with cosmetic upgrades that make the game appear new and fresh but at the end of the day it's still what NCAA 11 was after slider tweaks and player edits just a new set of rosters and marginal gameplay upgrades at best.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #30
Rookie

Foechuckle's Arena

OVR: 3

There is no slider set that will make Madden 12 better then NCAA 12!!!

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Chicago Bears

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »